Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my tweakend
(11-Aug-2015, 23:30)completeluxury Wrote: antoine thats my lovely rooms modes!

nothing to do with the subs gain unfortunately Sad

the new room will have enough treatment to combat this

Are you sure it is a room mode? As I mentioned it looks to me as though it's a result of placing the microphone too close to the back wall. At that position you will see an excess of bass due to constructive reinforcement across a band of frequencies (that is, not a room mode as such). Having said that, if that's your listening position you can maybe treat it in a similar way to a room mode anyway.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
its actually about 1.5 mtrs off the back wall, the mic is placed in front of the couch not where your head would be if you were sitting in it.

the room is the right length for a 40hz mode, the 20hz bump might be because of how far back it is but ive moved the mic even closer to the front than it is there (about 2m off the back wall) and the same result with the 40hz mode.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)