Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"no Link" when I try to set up Expert Pro 440
I have a 220 Pro, just got a second one, get a message "no link" when I connect them.  Have tried a lot of ways to set up- new firmware, multiple new config tries, switching units, etc.  Still unable to make it work.  Has anyone had this happen, know a solution?  Do I need a special cord ord to connect them? Thanks so much.
What cable are you using to connect the two amplifiers?

How have you set up the connection in the configurator, the default setting is a short 75ohm coaxial cable with RCA plugs on each end?
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(06-Apr-2023, 13:56)disarmamant Wrote: What cable are you using to connect the two amplifiers?

How have you set up the connection in the configurator, the default setting is a short 75ohm coaxial cable with RCA plugs on each end?

I am using a standard S/PDIF cable.  I bought the units separately.  I will get that cable- is there the best way to get it?  Thanks so much for your help.
I used the default setting in the configurator when you click add a Devialet. I reset both units to factory config, downloaded latest firmware and separate SD cards for master and companion. Thanks again.
(06-Apr-2023, 14:57)markko Wrote: I am using a standard S/PDIF cable.

That cable should work OK as it should be 75ohms characteristic impedance.

Are both the amplifiers running the same firmware version?
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
I believe so. I re-installed the firmware on both. Is there a way to check on the units?
Yes- same firmware. Thanks
Hello markko.

Just to be sure: are you loading different configuration files on the two units, one for master and the other for companion? And are you sure there are no other files on the SD cards? What does the display show on each unit when starting up and loading the configuration file?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I was incorrect- firmware needed an update.  I have updated and things are working well now. Your advice was totally spot on.  Thanks so much!