Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phantom 108db sync problem
Hello

I have 2 phantom 108db. they are great! But once or twice every week they get unsynced. so 1 of the 2 wil play a split second later then the other one. when this happens i have to turn them of en turn them on again. they are both connected with ethernet cable and are plugged in the same outlet. can someone give me some information or thoughts?
You have updated the software and reset to factory default?
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
Is it with HiFi/MQA or all levels of music? Are you playing Tidal (that's where I had the problem)? Have you tried WiFi? Just saying you may have to play around with this. I suggest you send Log reports to Devialet when it happens. On the app, click on the cog wheel, then Help, then Report a Problem. I ended up having to download Roon which fixed my issue....Devialet could not, although supposedly they have a new software update which will fix it.
(05-Aug-2021, 15:25)avta Wrote: You have updated the software and reset to factory default?

Sorry for the late respons i was very busy.

yes i did a factory reset a few times.
(06-Aug-2021, 20:27)franm Wrote: Is it with HiFi/MQA or all levels of music? Are you playing Tidal (that's where I had the problem)? Have you tried WiFi? Just saying you may have to play around with this. I suggest you send Log reports to Devialet when it happens. On the app, click on the cog wheel, then Help, then Report a Problem. I ended up having to download Roon which fixed my issue....Devialet could not, although supposedly they have a new software update which will fix it.
Sorry for the late respons i was very busy.

Once they get unsynced its for every source. wifi, optical. when i reset the wifi they get synced again or when i turn them off and on they also sync again. i had no idea they could see in the log that they are unsynced. i will start sending them the logs =)
A couple of questions: What is your complete system? Why are you using ethernet cable?
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
@Ebro
Are the speakers connected to the same switch with ethernet cables or connected together with one cable? Only Phantom II supports direct connection with an ethernet cable between the speakers.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(22-Aug-2021, 16:05)avta Wrote: A couple of questions: What is your complete system? Why are you using ethernet cable?
Why not use ethernet? Isn't it still the most reliable connection?
(22-Aug-2021, 16:05)avta Wrote: A couple of questions: What is your complete system? Why are you using ethernet cable?

so the 2 phantom1's are getting power from the same outlet. the left speaker is connected with an optical cable for the sound that is comming from the tv. then for playing music i use wifi on my phone. Both speakers have an ethernet cable that comes from the same ethernet split box.
(22-Aug-2021, 16:20)ragwo Wrote: @Ebro
Are the speakers connected to the same switch with ethernet cables or connected together with one cable? Only Phantom II supports direct connection with an ethernet cable between the speakers.

I have 2 cables. 1 for each speaker.