Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phantom 108db sync problem
(22-Aug-2021, 16:48)franm Wrote:
(22-Aug-2021, 16:05)avta Wrote: A couple of questions: What is your complete system? Why are you using ethernet cable?
Why not use ethernet? Isn't it still the most reliable connection?
That is what i got told..
Have you tried using wifi without ethernet cables? Use the Devialet app on your phone, check for updates and try using a phone app like Tune in or your computer using a free app or an app such as Audirvana ( Mac OS ) to stream wirelessly to your Phantoms. I don't think there is clear evidence that ethernet is always superior to wireless as long as you have a robust wifi. Would you tell us more about your system such as if you have a computer, what wifi you use and its speed, what software you use to play music files and anything else in the chain. Thanks and sorry for the long winded response.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(23-Aug-2021, 15:34)avta Wrote: Have you tried using wifi without ethernet cables? Use the Devialet app on your phone, check for updates and try using a phone app like Tune in or your computer using a free app or an app such as Audirvana ( Mac OS ) to stream wirelessly to your Phantoms. I don't think there is clear evidence that ethernet is always superior to wireless as long as you have a robust wifi. Would you tell us more about your system such as if you have a computer, what wifi you use and its speed, what software you use to play music files and anything else in the chain. Thanks and sorry for the long winded response.

i used my phantoms for a few months when i had 1 ethernet to the left speaker and wifi on the right speaker. then i connected the right phantom to ethernet cable bcs the problems with unsyncing.
but the problem was not solved.
I have the latest update on the phantoms. 
about the system. i have a computer but i dont use it with the phantoms. i have wifi 2.4 and 5.0. over wifi i got around 250mbs, with ethernet 600mbs. mostly i just use spotify to stream my music. i tried spotify with bluetooh and with optical(spotify app on tv) but once they are unsynced they are unsynced for everything.
to fix this i hold the top of the remote to turn them off and press the button on the back to turn them on.

so the phantoms are plugged in to te same powerbrick where  i also pluged in the tv, ps5, wifi and ethernet splitter.
to the left phantom i have a power cable a ethernet and a optical
the right phantom has a power cable and a ethernet cable

also the right speaker makes a pof sound when i used the optical cable and turn the tv of. i asked on the forum about that but that sould not be a problem bcs in total i tried 3 phantom 1's and all of them make that sound when they are on the right side(no optical in the right  phantom)

thx to take your time to help me.

ps: sorry for the bad english i am from belgium
Ton anglais et bon. Would you mind doing an experiment? Remove all cables from both Phantoms. Reset both to factory default using the method described in the Devialet Phantom First Aid section. ( i.e. Unplug both Phantoms from power, wait 30 seconds, quickly press and release the power button(s) 5 times. You should hear a " clapp " sound if successful ). Put your Phantoms back online using your wireless connection. Download a trial version of Roon on your internet connected computer. Follow the instructions to install it. I know this sounds a bit extreme but bear with me. You are not obliged to buy Roon I'm just suggesting you use it for this experiment. When you're done you can uninstall it if you don't want to buy it. ( I happened to like it very much and bought it.) In Roon select Live Radio which are internet stations your computer can receive. You would do this after setting up Roon and selecting your Phantoms as the output. Roon should guide you through this. Use the Devialet app on a smartphone to check that your Phantoms are setup in stereo and check for software updates. ( I know that some of this is redundant, bear with me ) Try to play some internet stations and see if your Phantoms are working correctly. Hope you don't mind my suggested experiment.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(23-Aug-2021, 17:49)avta Wrote: Ton anglais et bon. Would you mind doing an experiment? Remove all cables from both Phantoms. Reset both to factory default using the method described in the Devialet Phantom First Aid section. ( i.e. Unplug both Phantoms from power, wait 30 seconds, quickly press and release the power button(s) 5 times. You should hear a " clapp " sound if successful ). Put your Phantoms back online using your wireless connection. Download a trial version of Roon on your internet connected computer. Follow the instructions to install it. I know this  sounds a bit extreme but bear with me. You are not obliged to buy Roon I'm just suggesting you use it for this experiment. When you're done you can uninstall it if you don't want to buy it. ( I happened to like it very much and bought it.) In Roon select Live Radio which are internet stations your computer can receive. You would do this after setting up Roon and selecting your Phantoms as the output. Roon should guide you through this.  Use the Devialet app on a smartphone to check that your Phantoms are setup in stereo and check for software updates. ( I know that some of this is redundant, bear with me ) Try to play some internet stations and see if your Phantoms are working correctly. Hope you don't mind my suggested experiment.

i will try this when i find the time later this week!
the phantoms get unsynced around once ore twice a week.
(23-Aug-2021, 17:49)avta Wrote: Ton anglais et bon. Would you mind doing an experiment? Remove all cables from both Phantoms. Reset both to factory default using the method described in the Devialet Phantom First Aid section. ( i.e. Unplug both Phantoms from power, wait 30 seconds, quickly press and release the power button(s) 5 times. You should hear a " clapp " sound if successful ). Put your Phantoms back online using your wireless connection. Download a trial version of Roon on your internet connected computer. Follow the instructions to install it. I know this  sounds a bit extreme but bear with me. You are not obliged to buy Roon I'm just suggesting you use it for this experiment. When you're done you can uninstall it if you don't want to buy it. ( I happened to like it very much and bought it.) In Roon select Live Radio which are internet stations your computer can receive. You would do this after setting up Roon and selecting your Phantoms as the output. Roon should guide you through this.  Use the Devialet app on a smartphone to check that your Phantoms are setup in stereo and check for software updates. ( I know that some of this is redundant, bear with me ) Try to play some internet stations and see if your Phantoms are working correctly. Hope you don't mind my suggested experiment.

I suggest downloading Roon first before rebooting. If you do all of this at once, you won't be able to figure out which item fixed your problem. You could try Roon first. If that doesn't work, reboot, but try the system without Roon. The 3rd trial would be with Roon and the reboot.
Hey, I just want to purchase two Devialet Phantoms from two different sellers.

One is Devialet Phantom Gold
Second is Devialet Phantom I 108db Dark Chrome

Can I match this speakers in a stereo pair without any issues?
And what a difference between them? The only I can see is a ARM Cortex-A9 1.25GHz in a new one, and ARM Cortex-A9 800 MHz in an old one. Any more differences?
(28-Aug-2021, 17:59)tch Wrote: Hey, I just want to purchase two Devialet Phantoms from two different sellers.

One is Devialet Phantom Gold
Second is Devialet Phantom I 108db Dark Chrome

Can I match this speakers in a stereo pair without any issues?
And what a difference between them? The only I can see is a ARM Cortex-A9 1.25GHz in a new one, and ARM Cortex-A9 800 MHz in an old one. Any more differences?

I think there won’t be any problem to join both to a stereo pair and use them in a ‘room’. Also to use them isolated in two ‘rooms’ should work. I don’t have the Dark chrome but the normal Phantom I 108 dB and two Gold Phantoms that work perfectly together. Optics on a joining a black and a white golden Phantom is a matter of taste or room setting. Difference between the two are mainly on idle power consumption (higher on the Golds) and on the time to boot up where the new edition is faster.