Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sfdude's system
Moved the system to the Family Room which is significantly larger than my old Living Room space. 

Wondering what to do with the gear as I have a CDP and a Turntable. Wiring conundrums. Also thinking of removing the shelves where the D220 sits and putting a formal audio rack inside the cabinet, while adding isolation for it.

Why can’t you connect both?
The D220 should have enough connectivity for both.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Jean-Marie, 

It would be mainly about placement of my gear inside the built-in cabinet. How would I keep the Devialet and Audioquest Niagara inside the built-in while having a turntable be placed on the top? Longer phono cables are an option but at what cost? I can put the CDP inside the built-in cabinet as well.

Removing the cabinet doors are also an option but that won't make for happy wife.

Funny I posted images of my system but they always fail to display after I post them. Any idea how to resolve this problem?
(11-Jan-2020, 07:51)sfdude Wrote: It would be mainly about placement. Funny I posted images of my system but they always fail to display after I post them. Any idea how to resolve this problem?
You need to attach the image first, then insert into post.
(11-Jan-2020, 08:39)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(11-Jan-2020, 07:51)sfdude Wrote: It would be mainly about placement. Funny I posted images of my system but they always fail to display after I post them. Any idea how to resolve this problem?
You need to attach the image first, then insert into post.
Thank you snoopy8! New forum (to me) so need to learn how to leverage it properly. Hopefully the room pictures show up now.
(11-Jan-2020, 07:51)sfdude Wrote: Jean-Marie, 

It would be mainly about placement of my gear inside the built-in cabinet. How would I keep the Devialet and Audioquest Niagara inside the built-in while having a turntable be placed on the top? Longer phono cables are an option but at what cost? I can put the CDP inside the built-in cabinet as well.

Removing the cabinet doors are also an option but that won't make for happy wife.

Funny I posted images of my system but they always fail to display after I post them. Any idea how to resolve this problem?
You don't need as much room as you have currently for the Devialet, nor I would assume for the Niagara because I would hope that it has a high efficiency and therefore does not dissipate too much power.

That would allow you to add an additional shelf that could host the CDP.

You could also put the Niagara on the bottom and the Devialet on the top shelve which would allow you to put your turntable on the top without needing a long cable.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Moved things around.

Going from a dedicated audio rack (I have a Naim Fraim actually from a system I owned long ago) to the built-ins have me experiencing some degree of audio nervosa.  Confused

Saving the Fraim for another system that will be in another home (yet to be built) in the near future.

New speakers on their way so will save the next update later when it arrives.  Big Grin
(12-Jan-2020, 05:19)sfdude Wrote: Moved things around.

Going from a dedicated audio rack (I have a Naim Fraim actually from a system I owned long ago) to the built-ins have me experiencing some degree of audio nervosa.  Confused

Saving the Fraim for another system that will be in another home (yet to be built) in the near future.

New speakers on their way so will save the next update later when it arrives.  Big Grin
Nice and clean!

Enjoy the music....

Jean-Marie
France
Is the niagara a worthwhile purchase?
D220 Expert Pro CI. Totem Acoustic Tribe Tower Loudspeakers.
Phantom Reactor 600 for Mrs Oz.
Ozzy189, it actually brought the noisefloor down in my system. The wiring is a bit older in my home so a lot of noise picked up on the power to the point that you hear some "haze" that detracts from the dynamics/soundstage. With the Niagara in (and the Thunder power cords), things sound more immediate, in focus. To the point where my son said "Daddy, the music sounds cleaner, like when you clean my glasses!"