Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
small room listening ... cheaper alternative to atom GT1
hi,

great forum.

just came by my hifi reseller and just listened to the devialet 120+Atohm GT1 and i must say that i am blown away .... really amazing.

but the entry price is quite steep for me .... and my listening room is not that big.

what would be a good alternative and cheaper one in term of speakers ?
kef R300 ? any other idea ?

thanks
If you're buying a D120 you owe it to yourself to buy the best speakers you can afford. You get so much more out of it. Maybe have a look at second hand on Audiogon. I got my Dynaudio C1 mkIIs there and they were 100% perfect. Not a scratch on them. For me it was a way to get better speakers for my budget.

More money for music Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(03-Nov-2014, 12:21)pixelmixture Wrote: hi,

great forum.

just came by my hifi reseller and just listened to the devialet 120+Atohm GT1 and i must say that i am blown away .... really amazing.

but the entry price is quite steep for me .... and my listening room is not that big.

thanks

I have and love the LS50. Now they are connected elsewhere in the house, but last year I connected them to my main system and was really impressed with the ability. My listening room is 40sqm and they produced more than enough bass... And this was before SAM !!!

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
The KEF LS50s can do great things with a Dev 120.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(03-Nov-2014, 12:21)pixelmixture Wrote: hi,

great forum.

thanks

LS50's are good - but I'd try to compare to the R300 - true 3 way w more bass.  More finish options.  Devialet and KEF in general play nice together. 

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

living in Salt Lake City, USA
I was also looking for GT1s alternatives, and I came to : Sonus Faber Venere 1.5
Very good reviews, seems to be a good match with a Devialet.
The drawback for me is they are made in China, even so the finish is compliant with what we expect and they have the SF touch (sound & design).
I wish I could compare...
It's a mess to listen Devialet with other than GT1s where I live.... My dealer needs to borrow speakers from another dealer to arrange sessions for me.
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
Give the Focal Aria 906 a chance. Till 1500 Euros top sound for cheap 900 Euros

Sent by iPad
Hi,

It's my first post in this great forum.

I have the Sonus Faber Venere 1.5 (and matching SF stands) with Devialet 120.
I already had the SF before buying the Devialet (4 months ago) and I decided to keep them until they were SAMed. They were finally SAMed last week and now they sound even better so I won't be changing them in the near future. Considering the price I think they are a great buy.

BR