Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some questions
Hi Guys
Do you have any way to check the CPU model, working frequency and other hardware information of devialet phantom?
(25-Mar-2021, 05:08)LiRnCHO Wrote: Hi Guys
Do you have any way to check the CPU model, working frequency and other hardware information of devialet phantom?

Not that I am aware of, Devialet is very coy about this.  Presumably some of this could be deduced from the Serial Number if one knew how, but to the best of my knowledge Devialet has never made the information public.
You can read the "hardware" version out of the last 4 digits of your serial number.
However, I am not sure what version has which specs.

Golds:
"Old Gold" with glossy finish:
  • V1 (?)
  • V2 (4U06)
  • V3 (4U10) -> It is supposed to already have the "V4" internals. The speaker does not get hot compared to V2. Important to know is that V2 and V3 are not enterily compatible in stereo pairing as it will produce this issue: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Gold-Ste...-the-other
"New Gold" with matte finish:
  • V4 (?)

Maybe some of you are able to help to complete the list above?
(25-Mar-2021, 11:27)Bbnsound Wrote: You can read the "hardware" version out of the last 4 digits of your serial number.

Golds:
  • V1 (?)
  • V2 (4U06)
  • V3 (4U10) -> It is supposed to already have the "V4" internals. The speaker does not get hot compared to V2. Important to know is that V2 and V3 are not enterily compatible in stereo pairing as it will produce this issue: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Gold-Ste...-the-other
  • V4 (?)

a friend tell me matte :4U15
(25-Mar-2021, 11:27)Bbnsound Wrote: You can read the "hardware" version out of the last 4 digits of your serial number.

Golds:
  • V1 (?)
  • V2 (4U06)
  • V4 (?)

Good stuff @Bbnsound!  So presumably 4U10 marks the transition to the 1,25GHz A9 and the new architecture with DSP and ADH implemented on a SoC (which is I believe where the improved power efficiency comes from).  Can anybody confirm this?
My blacks are both
4U13
Crutchfield can suck a fat baby arm. 
Just got new golds from France 4U15
That's interesting. What colour are your new Golds?
Not sure if there are differences in the number to tell the colour of the Gold or if there are already 2 versions of the new matte Golds (or something else).
(30-Mar-2021, 11:32)Bbnsound Wrote: That's interesting. What colour are your new Golds?
Not sure if there are differences in the number to tell the colour of the Gold or if there are already 2 versions of the new matte Golds (or something else).

All New Golds are Matte White now only other option at 108db is the Dark Chrome unit.   

The matte white looks very high end to me vs the glossy white...
Yes, that's what I mean. There is possibly a distinction between the white and the black matte ones in the model number.
So it could be:
Black V4: 4U13
White V4: 4U15
But this is just an assumption. Need more people to confirm that.