Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spark issues
Hi everyone,

Just got a pair of these for my lounge and while the speakers are amazing the app is so bad that it damages the experience.
It regularly wants me to set up the speakers again for no reason but worst of all the recent update gets "failed download" and pressing the download button again says downloading part n where n is the number of times I've tried ad infinitum. Any know way to get around this final issue? All I use the app for is changing the volume, really wish there was a way to do that without an app!
same problem on my Mac and iPad...;-(
was planning for a listening session today, but...
(05-May-2015, 19:29)Mhuusko Wrote: same problem on my Mac and iPad...;-(
was planning for a listening session today, but...

If you quit the app, close it and then reopen and select don't update you can re setup and then listen still. I just can't update basically but you can still listen.
think thats too late now, re started the devices so no listening if cannot update tonight
I installed mine a couple of days ago and the interface has been rock solid. My Daughter unplugged the router yesterday and I was expecting to have to re- install the speakers. However after plugging the router back in everything worked again after about a minute without me needing to do anything. Whether this is due to my speakers being the latest batch from Devialet direct or a more stable wifi signal i have no idea. When I first tried to set mine up I did need to reboot one of the speakers perhaps it might be worth doing this if you haven't already done this.
Suddenly the Spark app on all my android devices can't find my Phantoms or Dialog. It happened a couple of days ago while playing music. Spark on my Win7 HTPC is still working. I've reset my wireless router, the Dialog and Phantoms, uninstalled and installed Spark several times on both computer and Android devices. Spark on the computer still works, Spark on Android can't find my Phantoms or Dialog.
Any suggestions for a fix is highly appreciated.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Did you try restarting the Phantoms?
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
I've restarted/reset the Dialog and the Phantoms several times with no effect.
My Phantom Voyage
Make sure they are on the same network and that you enable WLAN if you use a phone.
Thanks for the replies. After another reinstallation of Spark on my computer Spark on Android now works again. Don't know what caused the problem nor what fixed it, but I'm happy again. Using the computer to control the stereo was inconvenient.
My Phantom Voyage