Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spark, weird issue
I'm running spark on several macs, iPad and iPhone. But today unexpected my newest mac book 12" running spark stopped working. I quit spark and launched it again but only gets to the dialog setup window. It doesn't see dialog anymore. I downloaded a new spark, hard reset the full 3 phantom and dialog setup with no success. It still runs perfect from the other units. Any ideas guys?

Andreas
Probably a dumb question, but have you restarted you Mac and router?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(20-Dec-2015, 23:21)ragwo Wrote: Probably a dumb question, but have you restarted you Mac and router?

Yes I did. Even redid the airport setup.
THAT is weird. Can't imagine why. Bump - lets see if anyone has a solution. Sorry to hear that.
Could you check that the IP address that the macbook gets is in the same subnet as ithers?
If so, check your router and try to disable any "firewall" or "DoS" protection or enable "broadcast forwarding": both phantom and Spark announce themselves over UDP to broadcast address of the subnet (f.e. 192.168.0.255 for 192.168.0.0 subnet) so if router does not forward that, you won't sense them.

In case nothing works - download wireshark and make a capture of traffic on wifi interface while launching Spark, then post here or via PM, will analyze.
(21-Dec-2015, 09:54)testerer Wrote: Could you check that the IP address that the macbook gets is in the same subnet as ithers?
If so, check your router and try to disable any "firewall" or "DoS" protection or enable "broadcast forwarding": both phantom and Spark announce themselves over UDP to broadcast address of the subnet (f.e. 192.168.0.255 for 192.168.0.0 subnet) so if router does not forward that, you won't sense them.

In case nothing works - download wireshark and make a capture of traffic on wifi interface while launching Spark, then post here or via PM, will analyze.

thanks for the firewall idea... that was the problem. I had firewall protection turned on for the new computer.

Andreas