Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
startup source?
I have my 200 set to always start up with the optical 1 input selected. This was set in configurator. I do not have it set to use the last source before shutdown.

It always starts up set to the previous source, and not optical 1.

Is this a known bug?
(15-Dec-2014, 17:17)scb Wrote: I have my 200 set to always start up with the optical 1 input selected. This was set in configurator. I do not have it set to use the last source before shutdown.

It always starts up set to the previous source, and not optical 1.

Is this a known bug?

i would recommend to have a look on the config file, you can simply open it in any text editor program, then scroll down to the Default_Parameters and Start_Behavior sections. it should show you what do you have in your configuration

if by mistake what you intended was not captured in your file try to have a fresh file from the online configurator
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
My mistake. I meant to say Optical 2, not Optical 1. Here is the Default parameters portion of my config file. It says Optical 2 should be the default, but it keeps starting up with the last source, which is not always optical 2.

"DEFAULT_PARAMETERS":{
"VOLUME":-40,
"SOURCE":"OPTICAL2",
"WIFI_STANDBY":"OFF",
"PHONO_R_IN":0,
"PHONO_C_IN":0,
"PHONO_R_IN_COAX34":0,
"PHONO_C_IN_COAX34":0
},
(15-Dec-2014, 18:05)scb Wrote: My mistake. I meant to say Optical 2, not Optical 1. Here is the Default parameters portion of my config file. It says Optical 2 should be the default, but it keeps starting up with the last source, which is not always optical 2.

"DEFAULT_PARAMETERS":{
"VOLUME":-40,
"SOURCE":"OPTICAL2",
"WIFI_STANDBY":"OFF",
"PHONO_R_IN":0,
"PHONO_C_IN":0,
"PHONO_R_IN_COAX34":0,
"PHONO_C_IN_COAX34":0
},

check the Startup_Behavior section as well
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(15-Dec-2014, 18:21)amabrok Wrote: check the Startup_Behavior section as well

I don't have that section in my file

edit: there's a Start_behavior
"START_BEHAVIOUR":{
"SOURCE":"DEFAULT",
"VOLUME":"DEFAULT",
"_screen_color":"black",
"DSP_MODE":107
},

so it says default, and default says optical 2, but it's going to last instead
(15-Dec-2014, 18:24)scb Wrote:

It should be something like that

"SOURCE":"PREVIOUS",
},

I suggest you go back to the configurator and check that all is selected as intended and then save a fresh copy of the config file

Dubai, UAE
(15-Dec-2014, 18:27)amabrok Wrote:
(15-Dec-2014, 18:24)scb Wrote:

It should be something like that

"SOURCE":"PREVIOUS",
},

I suggest you go back to the configurator and check that all is selected as intended and then save a fresh copy of the config file

see my updated post.
I tried changing the "SOURCE" to "OPTICAL2" in the "START_BEHAVIOR" yesterday, and my Devialet said "invalid config file"

So I have no idea how to actually get this to work correctly
(20-Jan-2015, 14:07)scb Wrote: I tried changing the "SOURCE" to "OPTICAL2" in the "START_BEHAVIOR" yesterday, and my Devialet said "invalid config file"

So I have no idea how to actually get this to work correctly

Hand-editing the config file is "not allowed" because it could cause bad things to happen.  The amplifier checks a CRC in the config file to confirm that the file has not been changed since it was written by the configurator, and will not load it if the CRC is incorrect (i.e. doesn't match the file contents).  So at the moment the only way to change the config file is by using the on-line configurator.

I suggest you contact Devialet's support team and ask them how to resolve the problem.  It would be great if you could also let us know what they say, in case anyone else needs to do the same thing.

Good luck!

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
You could start from scratch and create a new file using the configurator and see if that helps.