Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
subsonic filter bass on or off
Hi,

Small and stupid question but it's confusing to me.

When I program the subsonic filter button on the remote it comes up on the display of the devialet as Bass when I push the button.
As the subsonic filter filters out some of the extreme lower frequencies it is my understanding that there should be less bass.

So when I look at the display and press the button: does 'bass: on' mean the subsonic filter is on or off? My guess would be that it's on but it's weird to enable a setting called bass to actually prevent bass...

thank you for clearing this up!

regards

P
Having tested it with a 30Hz tone where the effect of the subsonic filter is obvious, I can tell you that when it says 'Bass On' it means the the filter is off and when if says 'Bass Off' it means the the filter is on, therefore 30Hz tone gets attenuated.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(29-May-2015, 13:03)Jean-Marie Wrote: Having tested it with a 30Hz tone where the effect of the subsonic filter is obvious, I can tell you that when it says 'Bass On' it means the the filter is off and when if says 'Bass Off' it means the the filter is on, therefore 30Hz tone gets attenuated.

Jean-Marie

Thanks for clearing that up... Would have been a lot easier if they just stated on the display Filter: on or off...

regards

P
Agreed. I have also suggested to them that they add an indication (either as a new info page accessible from a long press of a button or as an icon on the main display) for the features like ICM, Subsonic, DPM etc.... otherwise it becomes hard to remember what combination you are listening to.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Ok, so now with 8.1.x we have the new accessible menu. When it says Subsonic On, I assume that mean the subsonic filter is on?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(28-Jun-2015, 15:13)Dr Tone Wrote: Ok, so now with 8.1.x we have the new accessible menu.  When it says Subsonic On, I assume that mean the subsonic filter is on?

Yes, absolutely. 
On means that subsonic is attenuated.
France
(28-Jun-2015, 16:18)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(28-Jun-2015, 15:13)Dr Tone Wrote: Ok, so now with 8.1.x we have the new accessible menu.  When it says Subsonic On, I assume that mean the subsonic filter is on?

Yes, absolutely. 
On means that subsonic is attenuated.

Thank you!
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Interesting subsonic filter is defaulted on for Phono input. Not sure if this a bug or by design. I assume it wouldn't be needed with the 1976 RIAA.

What does this subsonic filter do? I don't quite get this function. Thanks!
(29-Jun-2015, 02:05)warpeon Wrote: What does this subsonic filter do? I don't quite get this function. Thanks!
It rolls off very low frequency. It can be particularly useful if you are listening to a vinyl that is slightly warp for instance. 

In theory it should not be needed for digital sources.
France