Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suggested streaming setup question(s)
Hi everyone, been lurking for a long time. Lots of good info here. Thanks to all who contribute.

This may have been talked about before - but if you don't mind - just let me know what your suggestion is, without redirecting to some other threads

Currently I have 440Pro setup and Synology 918+ with 4x1Gb SSD drives. It is running Roon Core. I do not do much DSP at all, if any. However, I'd like to play with upsampling to DSD64 <- is this the max that Devialet will support? I have Sonus Faber Serafino speakers

Here is my question: even though I can enjoy my music this way - mostly Tidal HIFI and some local files, I am thinking about putting something in between these two components. Either Innuos Zenith MK3 or Lumin or...?

If there is an improvement to host digital files on Innuos over Synology - then I can move all my files to Innuos. If not - I'll keep them on Synology. Anyone can tell if there would be any improvement in audio quality if digital files (FLAC) are hosted on Innuos?

If there is not significant or any improvement if files are hosted on Innuos - does it make more sense then to install Lumin U1 in between, so that I have an ability to (maybe upsample) stream files from Synology to Devialet?

I believe Lumin does not have Ethernet port in the back - so probably use USB? With Innuos - I can use Ethernet to connect to Devialet?

If you have any other suggestion that I should consider - please do not hesitate to post.

Thanks in advance,
Osokolo, I can’t say much about your last question – in my view, the less stuff between components (with very few exceptions) the better.

Now, the Devialets will play DSD only in its 64 “flavour”. 128, 256, the like, no luck.

Hope this helps, enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have the same setup as me. 918+ hosting Roon server, pretty stable. According to Roon, the provided the same quality as other NPCs.

I don’t think you need to stick with the spec too much, such as 128, 256 is not going to be the major factor of your overall experience.