Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal changes sound output device to Devialet Air
Been subscribing to the higher resolution service from Tidal for 2 years.  Really good, superb sound

On Wednesday, no sound.   An email to them received a reply that they were having database issues which would be resolved soon

On Thursday still no sound.   Checking the output device for Tidal, I find it has been set to "Devialet Air".   I have never used Devialet Air and have no LAN connection from the computer to the amp.  The amp's input is still set to USB

On Friday, same thing.  Output changed to Air.  No ghosts in the house

Tidal do not know why
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
Uninstall AIR  Idea
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
That is the strange thing. Air is not installed
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
(28-Oct-2018, 16:19)chrisc Wrote: That is the strange thing.   Air is not installed

Now it's getting weird. Are you sure there are no ghosts in the house?

Did you ever have AIR installed? There must be a reason Tidal even knows about AIR. If I were you I would have another look to make sure AIR really isn't on your computer, uninstall it if it is and then re-install Tidal so the newly installed Tidal doesn't even 'know' about AIR.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
If Devialet Air is in your Sound Output Devices list, then it IS installed somewhere (accidental or otherwise!). I don't believe an Application can select it unless it is. I also don't believe in Ghosts. Ghosts are just observers from the future that accidentally disabled their Perception Filters.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.