Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the Useless question ....
(13-Feb-2016, 16:37)Zappydev Wrote:
(13-Feb-2016, 09:34)Jamington2004 Wrote: London Grammar - Hey Now

Bass kicks in around 1.30 and will shake your very bones if that's what you are after

But better for me the whole album has incredible production and recording quality - the vocals really jump out at you and smooth cymbals and  crispy beats

Hope your friends enjoy Smile

Oooohhh - excellent recommendation. Just d/l from Qobuz - beautiful stuff - thanks.

The hawk eared friends here will notice distortion playing Hey Now, but it's not the Phantoms. This is why there is a comment earlier in the thread about the vinyl version sounding better. The CD version has clipping in the louder parts of this track.
The Gunner's Dream by Pink Floyd, or the Cinema Skrillex mix. They demonstrate a pretty good level of versatility.
Convergence from Malia and Boris Blank is always part of the show when I demonstrate the sound quality of my Phantoms.
(13-Feb-2016, 10:52)NickB Wrote:
(13-Feb-2016, 09:34)Jamington2004 Wrote: London Grammar - Hey Now

Bass kicks in around 1.30 and will shake your very bones if that's what you are after

But better for me the whole album has incredible production and recording quality - the vocals really jump out at you and smooth cymbals and  crispy beats

Hope your friends enjoy Smile

Even better on vinyl, speaking of which how is the turntable doing Jamie?

Nick

Hi Nick - don't tell me you bought some phantoms??

The TT is fine and dandy but rapidly being replaced by streaming....I never thought I would hear myself say that Smile
Try "why so serious" by Hans Zimmer, it's the intro sequence from "Dark Knight". Around 2:30 some serious bass melody kicks in. And you can hear every movement of fiddlestick.
Nice - just downloaded that soundtrack but not listened yet

Bass quality not quantity is indeed what counts....but why settle for one if you can have both! Smile
Jamington: in the start of the track you can hear a lot of subtle and realistic sounds from instruments playing. It's not for the bass only!
dmitrekJamington: in the start of the track you can hear a lot of subtle and realistic sounds from instruments playing. It's not for the bass only!

Cool Smile

Another one for astounding recording quality all round but including some amazing tuneful bass is Brian Eno - Small Craft on a Milk Sea (only heard vinyl but sure the digital would be close
Wicked Game - Chris Isaac, nothing sounds better on the Phantoms. Unreal good song and production. Deep bass, clear and open mids with crisp and breathing tops.

Andreas
Jamington: Thanks, nice album.