Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
theater mode from new devialet email
anyone know how they are proposing to set up surround sound with 5,7 and 9 speakers?
just wondering if it was something newly developed
vs the very complicated setup they kinda were hesitant to recommend before

i'm hoping just a software app update

thx
You need a Dante source. Then you can use Phantom Is in optical mode with Dante adapters, or Phantom II customs which have Dante built in. It’s not cheap.

Arvus are releasing the HD-1 next week which is a small HDMI to Dante box, that should enable all of this in a much smaller solution.
Personally I went without the Dante. I have an old receiver with low-level outputs. I have CYP Audio A->D converter which works fine. It's around SEK 750 or USD 75 for a two-channel version. Then feed this optical to pairs of phantoms.

CYP Audio AU-D4 (I have an older model with a different model name) will most likely do the trick. With a 7 channel setup, 4 converters will be needed (one channel unused).
I've done both... AD converters and the Dante route. I found the Dante route more pleasant to my ears... :-)
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante