Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
todays update of Phantom/dialog
For those that the update fails: Do you have a dialog that is subject to the recall? Mine is and my update is constantly failing since this evening at 19:30 CEST. Mabe this is the reason for the recall?
Anyway at the moment I'm stuck with a non-working system. The Phantoms can be used for Mono playing since Dialog cannot be configured anymore since the reset function is replaced by the update please download, respective the setup asks for "Your system needs to be updated", so no music today.
And download does not work but asks one to restart the download process for ever ( I did download fails of 13 parts). OK, we know we are beta testers who paid full prize to satisfy our curiosity.
I opened up my third Phamton today, an update was required but Spark claimed it have failed. I switched my Android phone to my second Home WiFi name on the same physical network and Spark detected all 3 as being updated correctly and ready to go. Smile

My DIALOG box is new after the original had the fast flashing light after the first install update and never worked and was replaced within a week. Good support communication and response times but I think they have launched it slightly prematurely to customers who will be Beta testing their system, maybe there should be some discounts offered for BRANCH and Volume controllers to early adopters...
I like that idea
Also agree on premature release, I do not mind as I am technically savvy, however, I can only imagine the frustration of someone who is not and expected plug and play.
(05-May-2015, 22:19)streamy Wrote: For those that the update fails: Do you have a dialog that is subject to the recall? Mine is and my update is constantly failing since this evening at 19:30 CEST. Mabe this is the reason for the recall?
Anyway at the moment I'm stuck with a non-working system. The Phantoms can be used for Mono playing since Dialog cannot be configured anymore since the reset function is replaced by the update please download, respective the setup asks for "Your system needs to be updated", so no music today.
And download does not work but asks one to restart the download process for ever ( I did download fails of 13 parts). OK, we know we are beta testers who paid full prize to satisfy our curiosity.

A short update: Received from Devialet customer support a message this morning that they thought my Dialog had already been replaced and initiated the process right away. Regarding the update problem their responsible SW engineer was put on the task to resolve the issue with the update failure, no concrete response or details. This evening I finally could succesfully update both the Phantoms and Dialog. This also means that the update is unrelated whether it is a Dialog on recall or not. Of course it would be better such problems would not occur first hand and the owner could choose at any time to abort a started or problematic update. Also a forced update is not really user friendly and can potentially devalue or hamper the product. Here I expect from Devialet to change their design not to cause an unnecessary dependency of the customer from the health of the manufacturer with respect to its infrastructure or economic status.
On the good side Devialet was very responsive and resolved the issue, promptly.
Got this yesterday from support

The issue came from our server which was down until this morning.
Since noon today, everything is working fine. You should be able to install the update.