Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
toslink connection from streamer as source
Hi 
I am considering buy a music streamer / server.
e.g. lumin u1, innous sense or aurender n20

does anyone has any experience with a pair of phantom1 with any of the above music servers/streamer?
i intend to connect them via toslink, some of these streamer has higher bit rates than the phantom's optical in specs, not sure if it would works correctly.

would appreciate any experience sharing on music servers that work well with the phantoms
I haven't used the streamers mentioned above, but have used the Toslink connections from a Sonos Connect and Bluesound Node 2i to a pair of Phantoms and it worked really well.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(29-Jul-2022, 02:28)RLim Wrote: Hi 
I am considering buy a music streamer / server.
e.g. lumin u1, innous sense or aurender n20

does anyone has any experience with a pair of phantom1 with any of the above music servers/streamer?
i intend to connect them via toslink, some of these streamer has higher bit rates than the phantom's optical in specs, not sure if it would works correctly.

would appreciate any experience sharing on music servers that work well with the phantoms

Roon works really well, and you don't need a streamer with Roon.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Hi I am using an Innuos Zenith with pair of Phantom 1s.

They work great using UPnP and the Innuos Sense app and software is great. I’ve never used Roon but Sense works great integrating the ripped music and Qobuz or Tidal.

Innuos doesn’t have Toslink out it only has USB but UPnP works perfectly well.

My phantoms are ether wired but still cannot accept anything above 96 Kb but that is Devialet problem not the connection protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-Aug-2022, 21:40)Hi Steve,Thank for confirming that. In UPnP mode, does the sense  app control even the tidal streaming ? i.e be able to stream hi res and/mqa via the innous zenith, without going thru the phone ? i should be able to switch off my phone and only use it as a controller ... sorry for the noob questions.Innous has a new streamer only module that has a toslink out, as what u have stated, it would still be limited by the devialet toslink in at 24/96k.https://innuos.com/pulse-series/have always wonder if the toslink or the network upnp gives a better SQ. was thinking that the toslink to the phantoms would "reduce" the data path .... but having said that, my phantons are wired to a melco s100 switch, so maybe it might not make a diff ?steve_denney Wrote: Hi I am using an Innuos Zenith with pair of Phantom 1s.

They work great using UPnP and the Innuos Sense app and software is great. I’ve never used Roon but Sense works great integrating the ripped music and Qobuz or Tidal.

Innuos doesn’t have Toslink out it only has USB but UPnP works perfectly well.

My phantoms are ether wired but still cannot accept anything above 96 Kb but that is Devialet problem not the connection protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-Aug-2022, 12:48)curious about how does the sonos connect compare to thr node 2i ?sonos seems to have changed the sonos connect to something call the sonos port.njaiswal Wrote: I haven't used the streamers mentioned above, but have used the Toslink connections from a Sonos Connect and Bluesound Node 2i to a pair of Phantoms and it worked really well.
(07-Aug-2022, 02:39)RLim Wrote:
(04-Aug-2022, 12:48)curious about how does the sonos connect compare to thr node 2i ?sonos seems to have changed the sonos connect to something call the sonos port.njaiswal Wrote: I haven't used the streamers mentioned above, but have used the Toslink connections from a Sonos Connect and Bluesound Node 2i to a pair of Phantoms and it worked really well.
Hi!  I honestly believe that the difference is really minor.  The node 2i sounds a less "heavy" than the Sonos Connect.  I also have a Sonos Port and have found the Port and Connect to sound roughly the same.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
For me, Ethernet sounded better than optical. Used MinimServer as UPnP Server and the Phantoms as the Renderer. The Controller was BubbleUPnP Android app, which was slightly quirky but excellent. Bonus was the ability to use Tidal, Qobuz directly to the Phantoms.