Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is the missing link?
Roon server running on a cheap closed laptop to Devialet usb , controlled from an ipad
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(28-Dec-2015, 18:58)octaviars Wrote:
(28-Dec-2015, 00:51)hk6230 Wrote: I would recommend ROON, too as it will manage all your music files in your Synology well and allow you to use an iPad as a remote. I'm running RoonServer on a Intel NUC (Win10) and AIR-ed to my Le200. And, I can play all music type from 16/44.1 to 24/192 and DSD64.

Today I got a trial period of ROON and installed it on my computer ( Win 10) and runs AIR to my 400 and my tablet as remote, works flawless. And the sound is to my ears right now better than my Aries. This might be the start of a new streaming solution.

Glad to hear another user having AIR working flawlessly. Add JPlay + Fidelizer to your setup, and the SQ is even better. And, if you use Spotify Premium, you can even remote control it using your tablet or smartphone (via Spotify Connect).
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(29-Dec-2015, 01:10)hk6230 Wrote:
(28-Dec-2015, 18:58)octaviars Wrote:
(28-Dec-2015, 00:51)hk6230 Wrote: I would recommend ROON, too as it will manage all your music files in your Synology well and allow you to use an iPad as a remote. I'm running RoonServer on a Intel NUC (Win10) and AIR-ed to my Le200. And, I can play all music type from 16/44.1 to 24/192 and DSD64.

Today I got a trial period of ROON and installed it on my computer ( Win 10) and runs AIR to my 400 and my tablet as remote, works flawless. And the sound is to my ears right now better than my Aries. This might be the start of a new streaming solution.

Glad to hear another user having AIR working flawlessly. Add JPlay + Fidelizer to your setup, and the SQ is even better. And, if you use Spotify Premium, you can even remote control it using your tablet or smartphone (via Spotify Connect).

I am thinking of geting a NUK and run ROON on that like you are. Audiophile optimizer is beta testing a program for Win 10 that is sounding very promising so that might be some for us that dont want to use MS Server 2012. I have Tidal and that works very good on ROON.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(29-Dec-2015, 08:42)octaviars Wrote: I am thinking of geting a NUK and run ROON on that like you are. Audiophile optimizer is beta testing a program for Win 10 that is sounding very promising so that might be some for us that dont want to use MS Server 2012. I have Tidal and that works very good on ROON.

Yes, I do find Intel NUC to be ideal as a RoonServer and as a music streamer. I'm looking forward to Audiophile Optimizer for Win10, too. If you don't intend to store music files on your NUC, just go for a 64GB SSD would be sufficient.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(29-Dec-2015, 09:18)hk6230 Wrote:
(29-Dec-2015, 08:42)octaviars Wrote: I am thinking of geting a NUK and run ROON on that like you are. Audiophile optimizer is beta testing a program for Win 10 that is sounding very promising so that might be some for us that dont want to use MS Server 2012. I have Tidal and that works very good on ROON.

Yes, I do find Intel NUC to be ideal as a RoonServer and as a music streamer. I'm looking forward to Audiophile Optimizer for Win10, too. If you don't intend to store music files on your NUC, just go for a 64GB SSD would be sufficient.

I have all my music on NAS so 64GB is what i am looking at in a NUC.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

oh why won't devilet just implement dlna in addition to their proprietary air solution.

those who use aries, they have the cheaper LE and the standard one with femto clock and the psu upgrade. has anyone compared the two? i am not sure the upgrades even matter when feeding a digital signal to a devialet's dac/adh amp.