Devialet Chat
USB Regen from UpTone - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Tweaker's Corner (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Tweaker-s-Corner)
+--- Thread: USB Regen from UpTone (/Thread-USB-Regen-from-UpTone)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: USB Regen from UpTone - Morten - 15-Jun-2015

Hallo, have you tried to plug in to your computer and have your normal cable run to the DEV?

Kind regards

Morten

RE: USB Regen from UpTone - Dr Tone - 15-Jun-2015

(15-Jun-2015, 21:18)Morten Wrote: Hallo, have you tried to plug in to your computer and have your normal cable run to the DEV?

Kind regards

Morten

As far as I know, the point of the Regen is to get it as close as you can to the DAC for the correct impedance match and as little cable as possible.

RE: USB Regen from UpTone - cc1 - 16-Jun-2015

(15-Jun-2015, 14:56)cc1 Wrote: Very pleasantly surprised to receive my Regen this morning Smile  Wasn't expecting it quite so soon...thought it'd be stuck in customs for a while but it seemed to sail through Heathrow and no import duty.

I'm not normally a USB user but the differences between Regen and non-Regen on a vanilla iTunes Macbook are obvious. Everything seems to sound more natural, more real with the Regen. That slightly hard digital edge is gone.

The only down side seems to be that it won't fit under the cover of the Dev with the supplied small adaptor.

Bit of an apology to make as the lid of the Dev does indeed fit on a 200 with the Regen and the supplied small adaptor. Sorry to have misled you! I know my lid gets stuck a particular point and I have to wiggle it a fair bit......I thought this sticking point was the Regen but it turns out it was just me being a bit dumb!

ogs said his doesn't fit on a 250 so I guess the specs are different between the 2 units.

RE: USB Regen from UpTone - Dr Tone - 16-Jun-2015

(16-Jun-2015, 16:21)cc1 Wrote:
(15-Jun-2015, 14:56)cc1 Wrote: Very pleasantly surprised to receive my Regen this morning Smile  Wasn't expecting it quite so soon...thought it'd be stuck in customs for a while but it seemed to sail through Heathrow and no import duty.

I'm not normally a USB user but the differences between Regen and non-Regen on a vanilla iTunes Macbook are obvious. Everything seems to sound more natural, more real with the Regen. That slightly hard digital edge is gone.

The only down side seems to be that it won't fit under the cover of the Dev with the supplied small adaptor.

Bit of an apology to make as the lid of the Dev does indeed fit on a 200 with the Regen and the supplied small adaptor. Sorry to have misled you! I know my lid gets stuck a particular point and I have to wiggle it a fair bit......I thought this sticking point was the Regen but it turns out it was just me being a bit dumb!

ogs said his doesn't fit on a 250 so I guess the specs are different between the 2 units.

Awesome!!!!!!

RE: USB Regen from UpTone - completeluxury - 16-Jun-2015

Booyah amber regen is in the mail today.

looking forward to trying this out Smile

RE: USB Regen from UpTone - hk6230 - 17-Jun-2015

I'm looking forward to your review.

RE: USB Regen from UpTone - Morten - 17-Jun-2015

yep mine to...

the entertainment for some nights is secured...

RE: USB Regen from UpTone - cc1 - 17-Jun-2015

I’ve had my Regen burning in non-stop now and the sound has changed quite dramatically from what it was like out the box. The bass is really good, the level of detail is amazing now, easily surpassing AIR and it’s presented in a very natural and unforced manner. The dynamics and soundstage are better too. I already have a few boxes of Entreq and Isotek but the background has become quieter still. In all honest fabulous value for money!

Hope you guys enjoy yours!

RE: USB Regen from UpTone - Antoine - 18-Jun-2015

Hi CC1, it's great reading your experiences with the Regen, especially since mine is stuck in customs since Saturday. Smile

It was released today though so I hope to receive it tomorrow, I have to pay €22,44 in customs duties etc.

RE: USB Regen from UpTone - ogs - 18-Jun-2015

(18-Jun-2015, 16:19)Antoine Wrote: Hi CC1, it's great reading your experiences with the Regen, especially since mine is stuck in customs since Saturday. Smile

It was released today though so I hope to receive it tomorrow, I have to pay €22,44 in customs duties etc.

I am waiting for my Amber upgrade board. Seems I will have to wait until July to get it. I am not among the 30 (or is it 35) first to receive my Amber this week. Very good to see that cc1 is enjoying his Regen. Looking forward to compare the new Amber to the one I have.