Devialet Chat
Devialet on standby - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet D-Premier, Expert 120/200/250, Expert 140/220/250 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-D-Premier-Expert-120-200-250-Expert-140-220-250-Pro)
+--- Thread: Devialet on standby (/Thread-Devialet-on-standby)

Pages: 1 2 3

Devialet on standby - CharlesL - 17-Jul-2015

I took some power consumption measurements of my D200:

Switched off (display off): ~17W
Stand-by (display half-lit): ~22W
Operational: ~35 - 55W

When you are not using the amp, are you putting it in switched-off mode or stand-by?
What is the amp doing in switched off mode. Huh  17W is not environmentally friendly.

RE: Devialet on standby - Jnan_devi - 17-Jul-2015

Thanks for sharing.

Switches OFF mode (Display off) @17W is on higher side. Need to report back to Devialet.

RE: Devialet on standby - Pim - 17-Jul-2015

A quick calculation and it means you can either turn it off all year round and it will cost you $50.- or you leave it on al year round and it will cost you $150.- That makes me feel a lot better about leaving it on when I leave the home for a few hours Smile

RE: Devialet on standby - bentrider - 17-Jul-2015

(17-Jul-2015, 04:45)CharlesL Wrote: I took some power consumption measurements of my D200:

When you are not using the amp, are you putting it in switched-off mode or stand-by?
What is the amp doing in switched off mode. Huh  17W is not environmentally friendly.

How does one get from standby to switched off?  Now I just hit the power button one time.

RE: Devialet on standby - Pim - 17-Jul-2015

(17-Jul-2015, 16:07)bentrider Wrote:
(17-Jul-2015, 04:45)CharlesL Wrote: I took some power consumption measurements of my D200:

How does one get from standby to switched off?  Now I just hit the power button one time.

You hold down the power button for a few seconds until the display turns off

RE: Devialet on standby - bentrider - 17-Jul-2015

(17-Jul-2015, 16:16)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(17-Jul-2015, 16:07)bentrider Wrote:

You hold down the power button for a few seconds until the display turns off

Thank you.

RE: Devialet on standby - CharlesL - 19-Jul-2015

(17-Jul-2015, 07:11)Pim van Vliet Wrote: A quick calculation and it means you can either turn it off all year round and it will cost you $50.- or you leave it on al year round and it will cost you $150.- That makes me feel a lot better about leaving it on when I leave the home for a few hours Smile

I usually leave my unit in stand-by mode (display half-lit) when I think I will return to listening in a few hours.

It is not a matter of saving $. I just want to know what the amp is doing in in switched off mode? I would have thought that it should consume minimally just to keep the remote reception alive. It seems that 17W is too much for just that.

RE: Devialet on standby - deviousalet - 19-Jul-2015

I measured a D200 at 16W in standby and 9W when off.

I have the same concern where wasting 9W seems like poor engineering in these days where most good electronics can use only milliwatts when off. Switches to the rescue! I found that the D200 took about 13 seconds to boot up from being completely off, which seems like an acceptable solution to those water 9W.

RE: Devialet on standby - octaviars - 19-Jul-2015

My D400 is quit warm even when they are totaly shutdown the companion is more warm than the master witch to me seems a bit strange.

RE: Devialet on standby - GuillaumeB - 19-Jul-2015

(19-Jul-2015, 18:13)octaviars Wrote: My D400 is quit warm even when they are totaly shutdown the companion is more warm than the master witch to me seems a bit strange.

This is absolutely normal. I got this reply from Thierry at Devialet in October 2013:

"Note that the Slave will run a little hotter than the master in Stb-By. The reason is that the Slave in not in an as deep stand-by than the master to be ready for any command coming from the master unit."

Guillaume