Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet on standby
I took some power consumption measurements of my D200:

Switched off (display off): ~17W
Stand-by (display half-lit): ~22W
Operational: ~35 - 55W

When you are not using the amp, are you putting it in switched-off mode or stand-by?
What is the amp doing in switched off mode. Huh  17W is not environmentally friendly.
Devailet 200, Lumin A1, Magico S5, Kimber ks6063, Rockport Capella, Benz Micro Ruby, Kimber ks1026
Thanks for sharing.

Switches OFF mode (Display off) @17W is on higher side. Need to report back to Devialet.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
A quick calculation and it means you can either turn it off all year round and it will cost you $50.- or you leave it on al year round and it will cost you $150.- That makes me feel a lot better about leaving it on when I leave the home for a few hours Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(17-Jul-2015, 04:45)CharlesL Wrote: I took some power consumption measurements of my D200:

When you are not using the amp, are you putting it in switched-off mode or stand-by?
What is the amp doing in switched off mode. Huh  17W is not environmentally friendly.

How does one get from standby to switched off?  Now I just hit the power button one time.
Lightbulb 
(17-Jul-2015, 16:07)bentrider Wrote:
(17-Jul-2015, 04:45)CharlesL Wrote: I took some power consumption measurements of my D200:

How does one get from standby to switched off?  Now I just hit the power button one time.

You hold down the power button for a few seconds until the display turns off
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(17-Jul-2015, 16:16)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(17-Jul-2015, 16:07)bentrider Wrote:

You hold down the power button for a few seconds until the display turns off

Thank you.
(17-Jul-2015, 07:11)Pim van Vliet Wrote: A quick calculation and it means you can either turn it off all year round and it will cost you $50.- or you leave it on al year round and it will cost you $150.- That makes me feel a lot better about leaving it on when I leave the home for a few hours Smile

I usually leave my unit in stand-by mode (display half-lit) when I think I will return to listening in a few hours.

It is not a matter of saving $. I just want to know what the amp is doing in in switched off mode? I would have thought that it should consume minimally just to keep the remote reception alive. It seems that 17W is too much for just that.
Devailet 200, Lumin A1, Magico S5, Kimber ks6063, Rockport Capella, Benz Micro Ruby, Kimber ks1026
I measured a D200 at 16W in standby and 9W when off.

I have the same concern where wasting 9W seems like poor engineering in these days where most good electronics can use only milliwatts when off. Switches to the rescue! I found that the D200 took about 13 seconds to boot up from being completely off, which seems like an acceptable solution to those water 9W.
My D400 is quit warm even when they are totaly shutdown the companion is more warm than the master witch to me seems a bit strange.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(19-Jul-2015, 18:13)octaviars Wrote: My D400 is quit warm even when they are totaly shutdown the companion is more warm than the master witch to me seems a bit strange.

This is absolutely normal. I got this reply from Thierry at Devialet in October 2013:

"Note that the Slave will run a little hotter than the master in Stb-By. The reason is that the Slave in not in an as deep stand-by than the master to be ready for any command coming from the master unit."

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK