Devialet Chat
USB? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet Expert 400/800, Original d'Atelier, Expert 210/440/1000 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Expert-400-800-Original-d-Atelier-Expert-210-440-1000-Pro)
+--- Thread: USB? (/Thread-USB)

Pages: 1 2

USB? - teddlesdee - 27-Aug-2015

Want to find a good (but not silly expensive) USB cable that can compliment my D400 setup - ideas?
Will I need two? one from the laptop to the regen - what about from the regen to Dev?

RE: USB? - Antoine - 27-Aug-2015

One of the more popular affordable USB cables among Regen users is the Supra USB cable.

You only need one USB cable. The Regen should be connected to the DAC as close as possible. With the Regen come two USB adapters and the best and strongly preferred one is the short solid adapter. Don't use the short included cable adapter, it doesn't sound good (confirmed by Uptone).

Edit. PS. i now see you've asked the same question in an existing topic. It's bad netiquette to open multiple topics regarding the same subject. Same goes for opening topics in the wrong place in a forum and using too general topic titles. Just a hint! Wink

RE: USB? - Axel - 28-Aug-2015

(27-Aug-2015, 14:10)teddlesdee Wrote: Want to find a good (but not silly expensive) USB cable that can compliment my D400 setup - ideas?
Will I need two? one from the laptop to the regen - what about from the regen to Dev?

The Audioquest Forest has always given me great results.

RE: USB? - Kunter - 28-Aug-2015

(27-Aug-2015, 14:10)teddlesdee Wrote: Want to find a good (but not silly expensive) USB cable that can compliment my D400 setup - ideas?

If you are going to use Regen, the adapter seems to be a good way connecting regen to Devialet. So you may prefer just one cable.

In my case, JCAT dual + Regen was good. Now TodalDAC usb cable alone (without regen) is better. Just a hint dark, but better mids and soundstage.

Cheers

RE: USB? - completeluxury - 29-Aug-2015

recently on the CA forums a lot of members are expressing the opinion that using a short usb cable (not the one supplied) is giving better results than the hard adapter that comes with the regen!

RE: USB? - Morten - 29-Aug-2015

Hallo, I have one of the short cables in-route, will give feedback when it arrives.

I have ordered this one:

http://www.myhifishop.de/Cables/Digital-Cables/AQVOX-High-End-USB-Cable-extra-short-12-30-cm::64.html?language=en

Kind regards

Morten

RE: USB? - Antoine - 29-Aug-2015

(29-Aug-2015, 08:58)completeluxury Wrote: recently on the CA forums a lot of members are expressing the opinion that using a short usb cable (not the one supplied) is giving better results than the hard adapter that comes with the regen!

Hmmm..my impression is that a small number of users is experimenting with short USB cables and other adapters and that a better replacement for the hard adapter has not been found yet. I may have missed something though.. Wink

RE: USB? - completeluxury - 29-Aug-2015

the aqvox 15cm cable was touted by a few.

personally im probably going to try making my own for shiz n gigz

RE: USB? - Kunter - 29-Aug-2015

For anyone interested, I know Paul Pang is building ultrashort version of his excellent usb cables for this application. This is what he told me on email. I guess he can be contacted for more info.

RE: USB? - Morten - 31-Aug-2015

Well, my new cable arrived today, now I understand the high praise about the regen...

It is almost as expensive as the regen, but I believe that it is worth it--I have never tried the solid adapter, hence I can't compare it, but you can hear the difference from the gray cable easy.

I have attached a couple of shots of the cable installed on the Devialet.

Before
[Image: IMG_1300_zpsyiqnuryi.jpg]

Now

[Image: FullSizeRender%201_zpspz9c36g9.jpg]

With all cables installed
[Image: FullSizeRender_zpsql0sgyfl.jpg]

Kind regards Morten