Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB?
Want to find a good (but not silly expensive) USB cable that can compliment my D400 setup - ideas?
Will I need two? one from the laptop to the regen - what about from the regen to Dev?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
One of the more popular affordable USB cables among Regen users is the Supra USB cable.

You only need one USB cable. The Regen should be connected to the DAC as close as possible. With the Regen come two USB adapters and the best and strongly preferred one is the short solid adapter. Don't use the short included cable adapter, it doesn't sound good (confirmed by Uptone).

Edit. PS. i now see you've asked the same question in an existing topic. It's bad netiquette to open multiple topics regarding the same subject. Same goes for opening topics in the wrong place in a forum and using too general topic titles. Just a hint! Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(27-Aug-2015, 14:10)teddlesdee Wrote: Want to find a good (but not silly expensive) USB cable that can compliment my D400 setup - ideas?
Will I need two? one from the laptop to the regen - what about from the regen to Dev?

The Audioquest Forest has always given me great results.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(27-Aug-2015, 14:10)teddlesdee Wrote: Want to find a good (but not silly expensive) USB cable that can compliment my D400 setup - ideas?

If you are going to use Regen, the adapter seems to be a good way connecting regen to Devialet. So you may prefer just one cable.

In my case, JCAT dual + Regen was good. Now TodalDAC usb cable alone (without regen) is better. Just a hint dark, but better mids and soundstage.

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
recently on the CA forums a lot of members are expressing the opinion that using a short usb cable (not the one supplied) is giving better results than the hard adapter that comes with the regen!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Hallo, I have one of the short cables in-route, will give feedback when it arrives.

I have ordered this one:

http://www.myhifishop.de/Cables/Digital-...anguage=en

Kind regards

Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(29-Aug-2015, 08:58)completeluxury Wrote: recently on the CA forums a lot of members are expressing the opinion that using a short usb cable (not the one supplied) is giving better results than the hard adapter that comes with the regen!

Hmmm..my impression is that a small number of users is experimenting with short USB cables and other adapters and that a better replacement for the hard adapter has not been found yet. I may have missed something though.. Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
the aqvox 15cm cable was touted by a few.

personally im probably going to try making my own for shiz n gigz
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
For anyone interested, I know Paul Pang is building ultrashort version of his excellent usb cables for this application. This is what he told me on email. I guess he can be contacted for more info.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
Well, my new cable arrived today, now I understand the high praise about the regen...

It is almost as expensive as the regen, but I believe that it is worth it--I have never tried the solid adapter, hence I can't compare it, but you can hear the difference from the gray cable easy.

I have attached a couple of shots of the cable installed on the Devialet.

Before
[Image: IMG_1300_zpsyiqnuryi.jpg]

Now

[Image: FullSizeRender%201_zpspz9c36g9.jpg]

With all cables installed
[Image: FullSizeRender_zpsql0sgyfl.jpg]

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark