Devialet Chat
totaldac D1 server - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: totaldac D1 server (/Thread-totaldac-D1-server)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: totaldac D1 server - PhilP - 25-Feb-2015

The app is just called 'TIDAL' and the developer is Aspiro Music AS.

It comes up first on the list when I search on 'Tidal' but I guess if you're in a different region you may get different results from a search...

RE: totaldac D1 server - Jnan_devi - 25-Feb-2015

Phil - You are right, its regional for sure.
TIDAL Aspiro Music AS - No results
TIDAL - gave "Bluesound" and others non related
Aspiro Music AS - found the app name as "WiMP" Aspiro Music AS.

Anyways ... Thank you! i have tried many apps for NAS streamers too. i have spent lot on these apps. JRiver a shear Sandbox at it. i have given up on it. i have so far deleted many NAS driver streamers - PP, Bubble <something> couple of more dont remember. all premium apps purchased. but ... not so great. for now i m happy with AIR_ETH or Toslink. itunes actully can gather from NAS as i have done home sharing on the itunes (macbook which has all links to y NAS)

RE: totaldac D1 server - AaronG - 25-Feb-2015

Guillaume, I have no problems with the Ickstream TIDAL on the Antipodes -- that's the plugin for Squeezelite -- so it may be your set up. I don't think it sounds quite as good as CD rips either streaming via the TIDAL app through ethernet or via Ickstream, but it sounds better reclocked by the Antipodes. And it does sound very good.

RE: totaldac D1 server - fabiodeluca - 26-Feb-2015

Guillame I'm listening to Tidal using iPeng with the dedicated disk image for the Totaldac d1-server (not the wonderful MPD only...;-)) and to my ears it is not bad at all

I couldn't do an A/B comparison vs MPD only (also because you should swap SD cards and change the Ethernet cables wiring....so it is not immediate and exactly A/B) but comparing the same track played from Tidal on iPeng and from the ripped CD in MPAD app (alway the disk image for iPeng) the differences are not discernible to my ears.

Would you share what kind of setting (you spoke of sound optimization in LMS and iPeng) you tried to apply?

Regards
Fabio

RE: totaldac D1 server - GuillaumeB - 26-Feb-2015

(26-Feb-2015, 19:24)fabiodeluca Wrote: Guillame I'm listening to Tidal using iPeng with the dedicated disk image for the Totaldac d1-server (not the wonderful MPD only...;-)) and to my ears it is not bad at all

I couldn't do an A/B comparison vs MPD only (also because you should swap SD cards and change the Ethernet cables wiring....so it is not immediate and exactly A/B) but comparing the same track played from Tidal on iPeng and from the ripped CD in MPAD app (alway the disk image for iPeng) the differences are not discernible to my ears.

Would you share what kind of setting (you spoke of sound optimization in LMS and iPeng) you tried to apply?

Regards
Fabio

Hi Fabio,

That's good to hear.

Re the settings I am mainly referring to the LAME settings in Logitech Media Server which only really apply to MP3 anyway so shouldn't have much of an impact on lossless streaming. There isn't really anything else to change.

I'll give it another go most probably over the weekend. 

Guillaume

RE: totaldac D1 server - GuillaumeB - 09-Apr-2015

Happy to report that I now have Qobuz streaming set up through Ipeng8 and it sounds great! Much better than Tidal! Still not quite up to the performance of a FLAC streamed from my NAS via MPD, but it's way better than Tidal and perfectly acceptable. I honestly couldn't work out what was wrong with my setup, now I think something was up with the Tidal/Ickstream service. Anyway a good result!  Smile

Guillaume

RE: totaldac D1 server - bmichels - 10-Apr-2015

(09-Apr-2015, 18:45)GuillaumeB Wrote: Happy to report that I now have Qobuz streaming set up through Ipeng8 and it sounds great! Much better than Tidal! Still not quite up to the performance of a FLAC streamed from my NAS via MPD, but it's way better than Tidal and perfectly acceptable. I honestly couldn't work out what was wrong with my setup, now I think something was up with the Tidal/Ickstream service. Anyway a good result!  Smile

Guillaume

I am happy to hear that you finaly did it !  

could you ell us if the set-up was complicated to achieve this QOBUZ streaming with Ipeng8 ?   Also, have you tried to built a playlist that include "local files" and "QOBUZ streamed music" in the same playlist ? is it possible with Ipeng8

thans

RE: totaldac D1 server - GuillaumeB - 10-Apr-2015

(10-Apr-2015, 08:32)bmichels Wrote:
(09-Apr-2015, 18:45)GuillaumeB Wrote: Happy to report that I now have Qobuz streaming set up through Ipeng8 and it sounds great! Much better than Tidal! Still not quite up to the performance of a FLAC streamed from my NAS via MPD, but it's way better than Tidal and perfectly acceptable. I honestly couldn't work out what was wrong with my setup, now I think something was up with the Tidal/Ickstream service. Anyway a good result!  Smile

Guillaume

I am happy to hear that you finaly did it !  

could you ell us if the set-up was complicated to achieve this QOBUZ streaming with Ipeng8 ?   Also, have you tried to built a playlist that include "local files" and "QOBUZ streamed music" in the same playlist ? is it possible with Ipeng8

thans

Once Vincent had sent me the instructions it was much easier.  Wink

Regarding creating a playlist made up of local and cloud files it should indeed be possible by mounting an external USB drive to the totaldac d1 server. I'm not sure the Logitech Media Server (which resides in the totaldac d1) can detect a NAS and other computers on the network using UPnP/DLNA, but I could be wrong. Perhaps others on here have more experience with using Ipeng8. 

Something to ask Vincent I think...

Guillaume

RE: totaldac D1 server - GuillaumeB - 08-May-2015

Some good news... just heard from Vincent and there is an upgrade available for my d1 server. This involves replacing the cubox with the new cubox-i4 quad core which enables the use of the latest RT linux kernel.

According to Vincent "it gives more robustness and an even better sound!"  

Will send my unit back after Munich.  Cool

Guillaume

totaldac D1 server - amabrok - 08-May-2015

(08-May-2015, 10:35)GuillaumeB Wrote: Some good news... just heard from Vincent and there is an upgrade available for my d1 server. This involves replacing the cubox with the new cubox-i4 quad core which enables the use of the latest RT linux kernel.

According to Vincent "it gives more robustness and an even better sound!"  

Will send my unit back after Munich.  Cool

Guillaume

Good for you enjoy it and let us know how it goes with the upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk