Devialet Chat
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. (/Thread-RoonReady-not-coming-to-Devialet%E2%80%A6)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - AllenB - 01-Mar-2016

Yes, terrific, and why I am a Roon lifer.

RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - tyefighter - 03-Mar-2016

(01-Mar-2016, 09:42)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Just as a light-hearted interlude, if anyone's interested to see how a company with a polar opposite approach to Devialet work - i.e. how Roon deal with a streaming issue/bug that cropped up in their new protocol (RAAT) - this thread really is one to see…. It just goes to show what can be done with the right attitude, and makes me think Devialet could have fixed AIR issues in a heartbeat if they'd actually put any effort into it and worked with the Devialet community more proactively..

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roonready-raat-high-resolution-playback-problem-solved-pending-next-build/8290

i quite enjoyed that as you did Steve
its great to see honestly and a real willingness to improve rather than protecting egos and denial of faults
breath of fresh AIR ...so to speak Wink

RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - baddog - 03-Mar-2016

Don't forget to contact/email Devialet in regards to Roon support. Make this year, our year. We have momentum, we have the numbers. Your message could be the tipping point.

I am leaving an ethernet cable ready and waiting by my Devialet.

RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - Chris Marshall - 03-Mar-2016

I agree with continuing to lobby them. Based on the quote from Danny at Roon, Devialet may not even have to do anything to incorporate RAAT, Roon would be happy to support AIR within their own software (assuming they can make it work reliably), they just need some information and cooperation.

"Native AIR support is something we'd love to do, but we need Devialet's cooperation to do that"

Come on Devialet, how hard is it?

RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - Hifi_swlon - 03-Mar-2016

(03-Mar-2016, 09:39)Chris Marshall Wrote: I agree with continuing to lobby them.  Based on the quote from Danny at Roon, Devialet may not even have to do anything to incorporate RAAT, Roon would be happy to support AIR within their own software (assuming they can make it work reliably), they just need some information and cooperation.
….

Sadly, that wouldn't help many of us, but it would be the start of a relationship at least….

RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - ogs - 03-Mar-2016

I read the thread yesterday. This is how it should be done! Brian Luczkiewicz at Roon is a real star. Impressive!

RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - octaviars - 03-Mar-2016

(03-Mar-2016, 13:47)ogs Wrote: I read the thread yesterday. This is how it should be done! Brian Luczkiewicz at Roon is a real star. Impressive!

+1

That`s the way to do things.

RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - IanG-UK - 03-Mar-2016

This process of Devialet preparation cannot be that difficult.

I have an Antipodes DX and they are incorporating all the Roon bits in the Antipodes box. It just needs a compliant USB connection.

RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - octaviars - 03-Mar-2016

(03-Mar-2016, 18:25)IanG-UK Wrote: This process of Devialet preparation cannot be that difficult.

I have an Antipodes DX and they are incorporating all the Roon bits in the Antipodes box. It just needs a compliant USB connection.

I also think that if Devialet wanted to do this that would not be so difficult for them, and with the help of ROON they would either get Devialet to function with RAAT or get the AIR solution to work properly and integreat that with ROON......for gods sake we have been to the Moon how hard can it be to get this to work, Devialet just swallow your pride and get over it and make us Expert owners happy and proud to own a Devialet.

RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - Zappydev - 03-Mar-2016

(03-Mar-2016, 18:21)octaviars Wrote:
(03-Mar-2016, 13:47)ogs Wrote: I read the thread yesterday. This is how it should be done! Brian Luczkiewicz at Roon is a real star. Impressive!

+1

That`s the way to do things.

another +1. Also a Roon lifer, wishing I'd never 'invested' in Devialet AIR