Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet….
Did they say the Mini would not be made RoonReady? I would be very disappointed if that was true.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(31-Jan-2016, 01:43)baddog Wrote: Did they say the Mini would not be made RoonReady? I would be very disappointed if that was true.

I asked for ROON integration. You can see the answer above.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
Roon have updated their website, and added a RoonReady partners section:

https://roonlabs.com/partners.html

Possibly a couple of new additions there, although apparently 'dozens' are still to be announced.
Interestingly still no Melco or Aurender despite both hinting they'd be onboard. I wonder if they changed their minds or if some brands prefer to get it working and tested before making announcements.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I hadn't heard from Aurender themselves that there is interest in adopting Roon with their devices, just some unfounded rumours. Still I do hope Aurender (or Devialet) will adopt Roon quickly.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
I had!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Care to share?
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(21-Feb-2016, 12:00)Eddye Wrote: Care to share?

I won't post as they were private emails - one from Aurender directly, and another from a dealer who spoke to HQ about it - both confirmed it was planned but no timetable. I've since put the purchase on the back burner for other reasons, but it looks very promising for RoonReady.

I suppose there's always a chance they've had a change of heart (competing with their own software perhaps) or hit a stumbling block, but more likely they just want to get it working - I know a lot of people are making buying decisions on the feature now.

Antipodes servers are on the cusp of implementing Roon.
They have announced "Antipodes 2" - a new software suite included in their servers now shipping.
And they have also announced an Upgrade Program for existing Antipodes servers running the Vortexbox software.

From their website....
The range of upgrades that will become available over the next (approximately) six weeks are:
1. Upgrade to Antipodes 2 (also enables Roon installation)
2. Increased internal storage for the DX - now up to 6TB
3. Installation of Roon at a service center or by remote session

The update to Antipodes 2 for existing servers requires firmware changes requiring some disassembly of every server. To keep the time and cost down (and the charge from the service centre to you) we are currently working on automating the process and on a method we hope will avoid the server needing to be disassembled. We apologise that this step is taking a while to complete, but it will minimise the cost of the upgrade for you.
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX
Just as a light-hearted interlude, if anyone's interested to see how a company with a polar opposite approach to Devialet work - i.e. how Roon deal with a streaming issue/bug that cropped up in their new protocol (RAAT) - this thread really is one to see…. It just goes to show what can be done with the right attitude, and makes me think Devialet could have fixed AIR issues in a heartbeat if they'd actually put any effort into it and worked with the Devialet community more proactively..

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roonrea...build/8290

That's what I call customer service! It's great to see what can be achieved if both parties respect the other's abilities and experience, and there is no defensive attitude or information hiding going on.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK