Devialet Chat
New Phantom coming!! - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: New Phantom coming!! (/Thread-New-Phantom-coming)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

New Phantom coming!! - dkoretz - 03-Jun-2016

Heard from a little (very credible) birdie:

New, 4,500 watt Phantom coming in the next few months. 

Interesting, but odd to me, because it feels like power has not been their issue. Personally, I'd rather see them fix their perpetually unavailable supplies and flaky software.

RE: New Phantom coming!! - ragwo - 03-Jun-2016

Exciting news! Big Grin
Do you have more info?

RE: New Phantom coming!! - kameraguy - 03-Jun-2016

Agreed. Personally I never had any issue with the Silver Phantom power.

Now if they announced they would produce a worthy Phantom remote Inline with their other products, that would be compelling.

RE: New Phantom coming!! - Silvertouran - 03-Jun-2016

Same here. Never thought my 3000w version was wanting for power. I would however like to see an RCA phono connection so you could use it with existing Hifi equipment as a Power amp/speaker combo. And make a Matt black version. I feel at the moment having to put 2 Phantoms through a Dialogue router just brings about so many unnecessary problems. Just put in a Mono/Stereo switch so you can use them singly or as Monoblocs.

RE: New Phantom coming!! - MountainGuy - 03-Jun-2016

(03-Jun-2016, 17:01)Silvertouran Wrote: Same here. Never thought my 3000w version was wanting for power. I would however like to see an RCA phono connection so you could use it with existing Hifi equipment as a Power amp/speaker combo. And make a Matt black version. I feel at the moment having to put 2 Phantoms through a Dialogue router just brings about so many unnecessary problems. Just put in a Mono/Stereo switch so you can use them singly or as Monoblocs.

April 1 is 10 months away right.... Angel

LOL

I'm not that concerned with 4500 watts but I hope that they can improve their mids/trebles - perhaps with a berryllium tweeter.  If the mids/trebles can be a bit more highly resolved, I think that would be end game for me and many.  Just an opinion.

RE: New Phantom coming!! - Pim - 04-Jun-2016

Maybe the 4500Watts are for a bigger Phantom?

RE: New Phantom coming!! - DSJ - 04-Jun-2016

(04-Jun-2016, 08:41)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Maybe the 4500Watts are for a bigger Phantom?

A smaller phantom! The smaller the volume the more power necessary to produce an equal amount of bass.

RE: New Phantom coming!! - f1eng - 04-Jun-2016

Does any country have mains outlets suitable for 4.5 kW?
I have lived in UK and France.
UK whilst nominally EU 230V is 240V with 13 amp maximum legal fuse size, ie ~ 3kW.
France is nominally 230V EU also, but still 220 V with iirc 15 amp outlets ie 3300 watts.

RE: New Phantom coming!! - Silvertouran - 04-Jun-2016

Its 3000w of peak music power not continuous power. Its the sum of the 4 drive units added together. They just quote that coz it sounds better.

RE: New Phantom coming!! - Rodrat2 - 04-Jun-2016

(04-Jun-2016, 18:57)Silvertouran Wrote: Its 3000w of peak music power not continuous power. Its the sum of the 4 drive units added together. They just quote that coz it sounds better.