Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phantom coming!!
Heard from a little (very credible) birdie:

New, 4,500 watt Phantom coming in the next few months. 

Interesting, but odd to me, because it feels like power has not been their issue. Personally, I'd rather see them fix their perpetually unavailable supplies and flaky software.
Exciting news! Big Grin
Do you have more info?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Agreed. Personally I never had any issue with the Silver Phantom power.

Now if they announced they would produce a worthy Phantom remote Inline with their other products, that would be compelling.
Same here. Never thought my 3000w version was wanting for power. I would however like to see an RCA phono connection so you could use it with existing Hifi equipment as a Power amp/speaker combo. And make a Matt black version. I feel at the moment having to put 2 Phantoms through a Dialogue router just brings about so many unnecessary problems. Just put in a Mono/Stereo switch so you can use them singly or as Monoblocs.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Wink 
(03-Jun-2016, 17:01)Silvertouran Wrote: Same here. Never thought my 3000w version was wanting for power. I would however like to see an RCA phono connection so you could use it with existing Hifi equipment as a Power amp/speaker combo. And make a Matt black version. I feel at the moment having to put 2 Phantoms through a Dialogue router just brings about so many unnecessary problems. Just put in a Mono/Stereo switch so you can use them singly or as Monoblocs.

April 1 is 10 months away right.... Angel

LOL

I'm not that concerned with 4500 watts but I hope that they can improve their mids/trebles - perhaps with a berryllium tweeter.  If the mids/trebles can be a bit more highly resolved, I think that would be end game for me and many.  Just an opinion.
Maybe the 4500Watts are for a bigger Phantom?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(04-Jun-2016, 08:41)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Maybe the 4500Watts are for a bigger Phantom?

A smaller phantom! The smaller the volume the more power necessary to produce an equal amount of bass.
Does any country have mains outlets suitable for 4.5 kW?
I have lived in UK and France.
UK whilst nominally EU 230V is 240V with 13 amp maximum legal fuse size, ie ~ 3kW.
France is nominally 230V EU also, but still 220 V with iirc 15 amp outlets ie 3300 watts.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Its 3000w of peak music power not continuous power. Its the sum of the 4 drive units added together. They just quote that coz it sounds better.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
(04-Jun-2016, 18:57)Silvertouran Wrote: Its 3000w of peak music power not continuous power. Its the sum of the 4 drive units added together. They just quote that coz it sounds better.