Devialet Chat
Isolation pucks - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Tweaker's Corner (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Tweaker-s-Corner)
+--- Thread: Isolation pucks (/Thread-Isolation-pucks)

Pages: 1 2 3

Isolation pucks - Axel - 18-Oct-2016

I've bought four of these isolation pucks (only the black version) to go between my 200 Companion and the acrylic slab that supports it.
I know that lots of members use these or similar and my question to you is: where should they be placed? I would have thought under the 200s feet but is there a good reason not to do this? As there is no height adjustment available, I might use three. One at the front and two at the back.

RE: Isolation pucks - GuillaumeB - 18-Oct-2016

It's best to have these in direct contact with the chassis. Two at the front and one at the back should do the trick.

Guillaume

RE: Isolation pucks - Finn - 18-Oct-2016

Why NOT under the feet of devialet? I have 4 and use under dev feet , is 3 better and if Why ?

RE: Isolation pucks - GuillaumeB - 18-Oct-2016

(18-Oct-2016, 13:17)Finn Wrote: Why NOT under the feet of devialet? I have 4 and use under dev feet , is 3 better and if Why ?

I think the idea is that by having these in direct contact with the chassis, vibrational energy will be more easily transferred from the chassis to the ball bearing thing inside the puck which converts this energy to heat.

Putting the puck under the feet means that some of this energy is already damped via the rubber. It should certainly still be just as effective at stopping vibrations from transferring from your rack/shelf.

It should be pretty easy to experiment though. I have always found 3 better than 4, but if 4 works better for you then great.  Wink

Guillaume

RE: Isolation pucks - Sharone - 18-Oct-2016

I did experiment with Bfly Master footers with my D200s.
I find using 4 is better than 3 (one in front) for my case.
Try to put each footer touch flat to the chassis inside of the original D200 feet.

In any case, feel free to experiment as I believe the solution may be different depending on the footers used and the rack.

RE: Isolation pucks - Axel - 19-Oct-2016

(18-Oct-2016, 13:17)Finn Wrote: Why NOT under the feet of devialet? I have 4 and use under dev feet , is 3 better and if Why ?

Three are always considered better than four as it is impossible for three to rock or wobble. (It's why milking stools always have three legs).

RE: Isolation pucks - Axel - 19-Oct-2016

(18-Oct-2016, 13:07)GuillaumeB Wrote: It's best to have these in direct contact with the chassis. Two at the front and one at the back should do the trick.

Guillaume

Would it not be better to have two at the back, where the cables might cause instability? Or is there a specific reason?

RE: Isolation pucks - GuillaumeB - 19-Oct-2016

(19-Oct-2016, 11:21)Axel Wrote:
(18-Oct-2016, 13:07)GuillaumeB Wrote: It's best to have these in direct contact with the chassis. Two at the front and one at the back should do the trick.

Guillaume

Would it not be better to have two at the back, where the cables might cause instability? Or is there a specific reason?

Try both. I found a small improvement with the 2 pucks at the front.

If you read Stillpoints literature they usually recommend placing these underneath power supplies etc which are likely to generate more vibration.

Guillaume

RE: Isolation pucks - octaviars - 19-Oct-2016

(19-Oct-2016, 11:21)Axel Wrote:

Guillaume

I use Ansuz Darkz D-TC, two in the front and one in the back. As you say one in the back may cause the amp to tillt if the cables pull it down but that is no problem with my amps.
If this is the best position I dont know but my dealer recommended this placment so I went with that.

RE: Isolation pucks - alandbush - 19-Oct-2016

(19-Oct-2016, 11:18)Axel Wrote: Three are always considered better than four as it is impossible for three to rock or wobble. (It's why milking stools always have three legs).

(19-Oct-2016, 11:31)octaviars Wrote: I use Ansuz Darkz D-TC, two in the front and one in the back. As you say one in the back may cause the amp to tillt if the cables pull it down but that is no problem with my amps.
If this is the best position I dont know but my dealer recommended this placment so I went with that.

Now I am confused  Huh