Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isolation pucks
I've bought four of these isolation pucks (only the black version) to go between my 200 Companion and the acrylic slab that supports it.
I know that lots of members use these or similar and my question to you is: where should they be placed? I would have thought under the 200s feet but is there a good reason not to do this? As there is no height adjustment available, I might use three. One at the front and two at the back.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
It's best to have these in direct contact with the chassis. Two at the front and one at the back should do the trick.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Why NOT under the feet of devialet? I have 4 and use under dev feet , is 3 better and if Why ?
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(18-Oct-2016, 13:17)Finn Wrote: Why NOT under the feet of devialet? I have 4 and use under dev feet , is 3 better and if Why ?

I think the idea is that by having these in direct contact with the chassis, vibrational energy will be more easily transferred from the chassis to the ball bearing thing inside the puck which converts this energy to heat.

Putting the puck under the feet means that some of this energy is already damped via the rubber. It should certainly still be just as effective at stopping vibrations from transferring from your rack/shelf.

It should be pretty easy to experiment though. I have always found 3 better than 4, but if 4 works better for you then great.  Wink

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I did experiment with Bfly Master footers with my D200s.
I find using 4 is better than 3 (one in front) for my case.
Try to put each footer touch flat to the chassis inside of the original D200 feet.

In any case, feel free to experiment as I believe the solution may be different depending on the footers used and the rack.
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
(18-Oct-2016, 13:17)Finn Wrote: Why NOT under the feet of devialet? I have 4 and use under dev feet , is 3 better and if Why ?

Three are always considered better than four as it is impossible for three to rock or wobble. (It's why milking stools always have three legs).
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(18-Oct-2016, 13:07)GuillaumeB Wrote: It's best to have these in direct contact with the chassis. Two at the front and one at the back should do the trick.

Guillaume

Would it not be better to have two at the back, where the cables might cause instability? Or is there a specific reason?
South Coast England
(19-Oct-2016, 11:21)Axel Wrote:
(18-Oct-2016, 13:07)GuillaumeB Wrote: It's best to have these in direct contact with the chassis. Two at the front and one at the back should do the trick.

Guillaume

Would it not be better to have two at the back, where the cables might cause instability? Or is there a specific reason?

Try both. I found a small improvement with the 2 pucks at the front.

If you read Stillpoints literature they usually recommend placing these underneath power supplies etc which are likely to generate more vibration.

Guillaume

UK
(19-Oct-2016, 11:21)Axel Wrote:

Guillaume

I use Ansuz Darkz D-TC, two in the front and one in the back. As you say one in the back may cause the amp to tillt if the cables pull it down but that is no problem with my amps.
If this is the best position I dont know but my dealer recommended this placment so I went with that.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(19-Oct-2016, 11:18)Axel Wrote: Three are always considered better than four as it is impossible for three to rock or wobble. (It's why milking stools always have three legs).

(19-Oct-2016, 11:31)octaviars Wrote: I use Ansuz Darkz D-TC, two in the front and one in the back. As you say one in the back may cause the amp to tillt if the cables pull it down but that is no problem with my amps.
If this is the best position I dont know but my dealer recommended this placment so I went with that.

Now I am confused  Huh