Devialet Chat
Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Support Desk (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Support-Desk)
+--- Thread: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE (/Thread-Last-Fault-A-4098-OVER-VOLTAGE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - knud0 - 23-Jun-2017

Hello,

first time ever got a fault in the error log (Upgraded Experten 220 Pro):

A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE

Was playing at -28 db, not too loud.

Temperatures 46/46/52.

Who know what this fault mean or by what it can be caused?

Have Russ Andreas x6 Block between Amp and wall socket.

Thank you & best regards

Knud

Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - Krisp - 23-Jun-2017

Hi,

Also had this error after the upgrade once. Contacted support and they answered that if this error occurs again I should contact them again.
Never had any errors in the last 6 months again.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - knud0 - 23-Jun-2017

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

Regards

Knud

(23-Jun-2017, 13:42)Krisp Wrote: Hi,

Also had this error after the upgrade once. Contacted support and they answered that if this error occurs again I should contact them again.
Never had any errors in the last 6 months again.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - Confused - 23-Jun-2017

It's happened before ......

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3731&pid=53528&highlight=4098#pid53528

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - octaviars - 26-Jun-2017

This never happened to me but I suspect it being a spike from the powergrid, can be caused by thunderstorms or a problem on the net causing a spike. I hardly think it have anything to do with the powersupply in your house.

In my system I have a overvoltage protection against these sorts of spikes placed were the power enters my house and then I have a filter with varistors and XY capacitors before my Ansuz Mainz powerstrip to deal with this sort of problems.

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - knud0 - 26-Jun-2017

Thank you for this hint. I don't know exactly, if there was a thunderstorm because I was not at home.

The Amp is connected to a Russ Andrews mains block, that should provide "...spike and surge protection." according to the manufacturer.

(26-Jun-2017, 07:24)octaviars Wrote: This never happened to me but I suspect it being a spike from the powergrid, can be caused by thunderstorms or a problem on the net causing a spike. I hardly think it have anything to do with the powersupply in your house.

In my system I have a overvoltage protection against these sorts of spikes placed were the power enters my house and then I have a filter with varistors and XY capacitors before my Ansuz Mainz powerstrip to deal with this sort of problems.

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - octaviars - 26-Jun-2017

(26-Jun-2017, 09:29)knud0 Wrote: Thank you for this hint. I don't know exactly, if there was a thunderstorm because I was not at home.

The Amp is connected to a Russ Andrews mains block, that should provide "...spike and surge protection." according to the manufacturer.

(26-Jun-2017, 07:24)octaviars Wrote: This never happened to me but I suspect it being a spike from the powergrid, can be caused by thunderstorms or a problem on the net causing a spike. I hardly think it have anything to do with the powersupply in your house.

Well as you say your powerstrip have some sort of spike protection but that may only work at higher voltages the spike may have been lower than the varistor value but so high that the amp detected it as overvoltage. This is just speculations from me.

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - AlexS - 28-Jun-2017

It also happened to me once (so far) with a brand new 250 Pro unit, playing under normal conditions. The music stopped for a couple of seconds, and then resumed. The reply from Devialet (paraphrased): it's a very rare issue and they're working on a Firmware fix for it. However, they were looking for the description of the conditions under which it occurred. So, it would be a good idea for you to report the issue to Devialet, to raise their awareness.

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - knud0 - 28-Jun-2017

Dear all,

first, thank you all for your answers! I had a few issues with my upgraded 220 pro caused by the fact that is was devliered via UPS in very bad condition. Then I reported the A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE error to Devialet and they offered to send the unit back for overall inspection. Unit is now travelling to Paris. Again with UPS. ;-)

I encountered no problems during listening with the OVER VOLATE fault, but I was not present all the time. But I remember, there was a mid-heavy thunderstorm night ago I discovered the error. 120 never showed a fault. And no other electronical device showed any fault or sign that there were spikes in the mains during thunderstrom.

Let's await Devialets findings after checking my unit that hopefully arrives back to me in good condition.

(28-Jun-2017, 14:46)AlexS Wrote: It also happened to me once (so far) with a brand new 250 Pro unit, playing under normal conditions. The music stopped for a couple of seconds, and then resumed. The reply from Devialet (paraphrased): it's a very rare issue and they're working on a Firmware fix for it. However, they were looking for the description of the conditions under which it occurred. So, it would be a good idea for you to report the issue to Devialet, to raise their awareness.

RE: Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE - Axel - 29-Jun-2017

(28-Jun-2017, 14:46)AlexS Wrote: It also happened to me once (so far) with a brand new 250 Pro unit, playing under normal conditions. The music stopped for a couple of seconds, and then resumed. The reply from Devialet (paraphrased): it's a very rare issue and they're working on a Firmware fix for it. However, they were looking for the description of the conditions under which it occurred. So, it would be a good idea for you to report the issue to Devialet, to raise their awareness.

This goes against what I was told. When I queried the A4098 Over Voltage, Devialet told me that the fault was with my wiring, that the amp. was just protecting itself and not to worry about it, but to get my mains installation checked by an electrician.
Seems that they'll tell you any old bollocks just to shut you up!   Dodgy