Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE
Hello,

first time ever got a fault in the error log (Upgraded Experten 220 Pro):

A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE

Was playing at -28 db, not too loud.

Temperatures 46/46/52.

Who know what this fault mean or by what it can be caused?

Have Russ Andreas x6 Block between Amp and wall socket.

Thank you & best regards

Knud

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

---
Devialet Expert 220 pro (Upgrade from LE 120), SAM on (100%), DPM off
USB
Macbook Air (4GB RAM), 2TB SSD via Thunderbolt
Audirvana+ 3.x in iTunes-Mode
KEF LS50
Russ Andrews YellO Power to wall socket
Russ Andrews X6 Block
Hi,

Also had this error after the upgrade once. Contacted support and they answered that if this error occurs again I should contact them again.
Never had any errors in the last 6 months again.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Hi,

thank you for your answer.

Regards

Knud

(23-Jun-2017, 13:42)Krisp Wrote: Hi,

Also had this error after the upgrade once. Contacted support and they answered that if this error occurs again I should contact them again.
Never had any errors in the last 6 months again.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
---
USB
KEF LS50
Russ Andrews X6 Block
It's happened before ......

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...8#pid53528
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
This never happened to me but I suspect it being a spike from the powergrid, can be caused by thunderstorms or a problem on the net causing a spike. I hardly think it have anything to do with the powersupply in your house.

In my system I have a overvoltage protection against these sorts of spikes placed were the power enters my house and then I have a filter with varistors and XY capacitors before my Ansuz Mainz powerstrip to deal with this sort of problems.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Thank you for this hint. I don't know exactly, if there was a thunderstorm because I was not at home.

The Amp is connected to a Russ Andrews mains block, that should provide "...spike and surge protection." according to the manufacturer.

(26-Jun-2017, 07:24)octaviars Wrote: This never happened to me but I suspect it being a spike from the powergrid, can be caused by thunderstorms or a problem on the net causing a spike. I hardly think it have anything to do with the powersupply in your house.

In my system I have a overvoltage protection against these sorts of spikes placed were the power enters my house and then I have a filter with varistors and XY capacitors before my Ansuz Mainz powerstrip to deal with this sort of problems.
---
USB
KEF LS50
Russ Andrews X6 Block
(26-Jun-2017, 09:29)knud0 Wrote: Thank you for this hint. I don't know exactly, if there was a thunderstorm because I was not at home.

The Amp is connected to a Russ Andrews mains block, that should provide "...spike and surge protection." according to the manufacturer.

(26-Jun-2017, 07:24)octaviars Wrote: This never happened to me but I suspect it being a spike from the powergrid, can be caused by thunderstorms or a problem on the net causing a spike. I hardly think it have anything to do with the powersupply in your house.

Well as you say your powerstrip have some sort of spike protection but that may only work at higher voltages the spike may have been lower than the varistor value but so high that the amp detected it as overvoltage. This is just speculations from me.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

It also happened to me once (so far) with a brand new 250 Pro unit, playing under normal conditions. The music stopped for a couple of seconds, and then resumed. The reply from Devialet (paraphrased): it's a very rare issue and they're working on a Firmware fix for it. However, they were looking for the description of the conditions under which it occurred. So, it would be a good idea for you to report the issue to Devialet, to raise their awareness.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II
Dear all,

first, thank you all for your answers! I had a few issues with my upgraded 220 pro caused by the fact that is was devliered via UPS in very bad condition. Then I reported the A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE error to Devialet and they offered to send the unit back for overall inspection. Unit is now travelling to Paris. Again with UPS. ;-)

I encountered no problems during listening with the OVER VOLATE fault, but I was not present all the time. But I remember, there was a mid-heavy thunderstorm night ago I discovered the error. 120 never showed a fault. And no other electronical device showed any fault or sign that there were spikes in the mains during thunderstrom.

Let's await Devialets findings after checking my unit that hopefully arrives back to me in good condition.

(28-Jun-2017, 14:46)AlexS Wrote: It also happened to me once (so far) with a brand new 250 Pro unit, playing under normal conditions. The music stopped for a couple of seconds, and then resumed. The reply from Devialet (paraphrased): it's a very rare issue and they're working on a Firmware fix for it. However, they were looking for the description of the conditions under which it occurred. So, it would be a good idea for you to report the issue to Devialet, to raise their awareness.
---
USB
KEF LS50
Russ Andrews X6 Block
(28-Jun-2017, 14:46)AlexS Wrote: It also happened to me once (so far) with a brand new 250 Pro unit, playing under normal conditions. The music stopped for a couple of seconds, and then resumed. The reply from Devialet (paraphrased): it's a very rare issue and they're working on a Firmware fix for it. However, they were looking for the description of the conditions under which it occurred. So, it would be a good idea for you to report the issue to Devialet, to raise their awareness.

This goes against what I was told. When I queried the A4098 Over Voltage, Devialet told me that the fault was with my wiring, that the amp. was just protecting itself and not to worry about it, but to get my mains installation checked by an electrician.
Seems that they'll tell you any old bollocks just to shut you up!   Dodgy
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England