Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Jwg1749 - 02-Dec-2014

(02-Dec-2014, 19:07)Rufus McDufus Wrote: ..and makes the tea?

If it can't do my ironing, I'm not buying. Confused

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Ekmanc - 02-Dec-2014

One day everone will own a Devialet Wink

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - amabrok - 03-Dec-2014

Then they should consider two brands like Pioneer/TAD. And in this case keep Devialet for the audiophile segment and the new brand for mass market. If they play it smartly we will all win. The company will access a bigger segment of the market without degrading the image of the premium brand, the mass market will benefit from getting access to Devialet leading technology (a trickle down approach) and us here we benefit from the fact that Devialet will be more successful with deeper pockets to spend more on R&D and bring us more breakthrough innovations

Devialet's newest technology...? - xy1689 - 03-Dec-2014

Is the phantomrising not related to devialet? Is it a new company that set up by some employees of devialet?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - G51 - 03-Dec-2014

I bought Devialet because I thought the guys at Devialet should concentrate on making their products sound better and better and in one day, hopefully 1 to 2 years, at least as good as the top-flight PRE / AMP / DAC Combos. That's the reason why audiophiles spend the money on them and give up their conventional gears.

And their marketing approach is just too lousy. So lousy!

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - ozthepoz - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 11:53)G51 Wrote: I bought Devialet because I thought the guys at Devialet should concentrate on making their products sound better and better and in one day, hopefully 1 to 2 years, at least as good as the top-flight PRE / AMP / DAC Combos. That's the reason why audiophiles spend the money on them and give up their conventional gears.

I agree that their marketing isn't great, but they do seem to be shifting plenty of units and generating lots of interest, so something must be going right for them.

My guess is that as well as a new product, there will be something for the many thousands of existing Devialet users too.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - NickB - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 11:53)G51 Wrote: I bought Devialet because I thought the guys at Devialet should concentrate on making their products sound better and better and in one day, hopefully 1 to 2 years, at least as good as the top-flight PRE / AMP / DAC Combos. That's the reason why audiophiles spend the money on them and give up their conventional gears.

Do you not think it is as good as the top Pre/Amp/Dac combos at the moment then?

Nick

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Rufus McDufus - 03-Dec-2014

I have noticed that several top-end manufacturers are announcing/about to announce integrated amps/DACs, in response to Devialet's success by the looks of it.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Vivialet - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 11:53)G51 Wrote: And their marketing approach is just too lousy. So lousy!

Why ? Who is doing better ? I think their homepage is better than most of their competitors sites. What is really missing there ? You find all technical data, lots of informations, a direct support link, reviews, firmware downloads. So what do you dislike ?

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - brit - 03-Dec-2014

(03-Dec-2014, 13:14)Vivialet Wrote:
(03-Dec-2014, 11:53)G51 Wrote: And their marketing approach is just too lousy. So lousy!

Why ? Who is doing better ? I think their homepage is better than most of their competitors sites. What is really missing there ? You find all technical data, lots of informations, a direct support link, reviews, firmware downloads. So what do you dislike ?

I tend to agree with Vivalet here. If Devialet's marketing was so bad they wouldn't be so successful in selling their product!

What is perhaps questionable is how they handle their "after sales" technical support - I am thinking here principally of issues with AIR, and white noise problems, some on this Forum are experiencing. I, personally, have had very few major issues with my Devialet, but then again I do not use AIR as my main source of music input.

David