Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Devialet's newest technology...?
so in other words the device is able to identify the listener's position relative to the "system" and adjust the sound properties accordingly? This is starting to sound very sci-fi...and cool!

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
(02-Dec-2014, 18:17)adhesiv Wrote: so in other words the device is able to identify the listener's position relative to the "system" and adjust the sound properties accordingly? This is starting to sound very sci-fi...and cool!

Yes, very cool.
Skimming over the comments so apologies if I missed something - a single-point of sound that through psychoacoustics throws an image around the room perhaps?
..and makes the tea?
Doesn't seem like it will be interesting at all for the high-end segment.
(02-Dec-2014, 19:27)Ekmanc Wrote: Doesn't seem like it will be interesting at all for the high-end segment.

I red in some interview that Devialet will be more focused on mass market than audiophiles....
(02-Dec-2014, 22:07)moreno1973 Wrote:
(02-Dec-2014, 19:27)Ekmanc Wrote: Doesn't seem like it will be interesting at all for the high-end segment.

I red in some interview that Devialet will be more focused on mass market than audiophiles....

that's not a good news……
moreno1973 do you have a link to the interview? Devialet prices are not mass market prices.

(02-Dec-2014, 22:07)moreno1973 Wrote:

Correction they are not mass market prices yet...

They've stated that they want to get their ADH solution into cheaper mass market products and this definitely looks like some sort of Sonos competitor or something.
Ekmanc,

Thank you for the clarification. Now I understand. It's the old "trickle down concept".

(02-Dec-2014, 23:13)Ekmanc Wrote: Correction they are not mass market prices yet...

They've stated that they want to get their ADH solution into cheaper mass market products and this definitely looks like some sort of Sonos competitor or something.