Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Rufus McDufus - 15-Dec-2014

And on Facebook we have this. Problem is I don't know if it's supposed to be in French or English which makes it a bit more difficult.

[edit] Phantom Implosive Sound Center?

[Image: deCZ1YQ.png]

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Eddye - 15-Dec-2014

(15-Dec-2014, 20:07)Confused Wrote: If you look at the Phantomrising countdown clock, it ends very early morning on the 17th. So nothing much will implode tomorrow .......

Looks like the 17th indeed. Am I the only one who finds this annoying? I'm not really that curious about a spherical multiroom speaker with ADH integrated (which I think this is), but If you say you'll announce on the 16th just keep your word.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - mauidan - 15-Dec-2014

(15-Dec-2014, 20:08)Rufus McDufus Wrote: And on Facebook we have this. Problem is I don't know if it's supposed to be in French or English which makes it a bit more difficult.

[edit] Phantom Implosive Sound Center?

[Image: deCZ1YQ.png]

Just saw this comment:

"Yes, Implosive Sound Center wireless selfpowered speaker that generates a "Phantom" image based on measurements taken with an app on your iPhone/iPad."

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - PhilP - 15-Dec-2014

(15-Dec-2014, 20:24)Eddye Wrote: Looks like the 17th indeed. Am I the only one who finds this annoying? I'm not really that curious about a spherical multiroom speaker with ADH integrated (which I think this is), but If you say you'll announce on the 16th just keep your word.

I guess the timing of the announcement depends on where you are in the world. According to the web-site the clock will run down to zero at midnight London time on the 16th.

If it is only a "wireless self-powered speaker" then I will be very disappointed Sad

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Eddye - 15-Dec-2014

(15-Dec-2014, 20:39)PhilP Wrote:
(15-Dec-2014, 20:24)Eddye Wrote: Looks like the 17th indeed. Am I the only one who finds this annoying? I'm not really that curious about a spherical multiroom speaker with ADH integrated (which I think this is), but If you say you'll announce on the 16th just keep your word.

I guess the timing of the announcement depends on where you are in the world. According to the web-site the clock will run down to zero at midnight London time on the 16th.

If it is only a "wireless self-powered speaker" then I will be very disappointed Sad
If they just announce at noon GMT it's the 16th the world over. But enough of that, I find it annoying, so it's my problem Wink

"Yes, Implosive Sound Center wireless selfpowered speaker that generates a "Phantom" image based on measurements taken with an app on your iPhone/iPad." hmmmm, we'll see....

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - adhesiv - 15-Dec-2014

Whatever it is it looks bulky...somebody posted a countdown clock image on twitter of 1d 11hrs and change but when i looked at the clock (several hours after that post I might add) the timer read 1d 14hrs and change.

Regardless of where you are in the world the countdown clock should not be different.

to prove my point...check this link:
https://twitter.com/jne/status/544453581794181120/photo/1

my countdown timer right now says:
1d 11hrs 55min (I'm in PST or GMT -08:00)

What does everyone else's say?

More information from facebook:
"It's not so small. And it's far better than a Sonos product. But I won't say anything else, 'cause you have to wait until tomorrow."

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - PhilP - 15-Dec-2014

(15-Dec-2014, 21:02)adhesiv Wrote: Whatever it is it looks bulky...somebody posted a countdown clock image on twitter of 1d 11hrs and change but when i looked at the clock (several hours after that post I might add) the timer read 1d 14hrs and change.

Regardless of where you are in the world the countdown clock should not be different.

to prove my point...check this link:
https://twitter.com/jne/status/544453581794181120/photo/1

my countdown timer right now says:
1d 11hrs 55min (I'm in PST or GMT -08:00)

What does everyone else's say?

More information from facebook:
"It's not so small. And it's far better than a Sonos product. But I won't say anything else, 'cause you have to wait until tomorrow."

1d 3hrs 24mins in the uk which means zero hour is midnight on the 16th London time

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - adhesiv - 16-Dec-2014

(15-Dec-2014, 21:36)PhilP Wrote: 1d 3hrs 24mins in the uk which means zero hour is midnight on the 16th London time

Mystery solved!! Wink

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - ozthepoz - 16-Dec-2014

(16-Dec-2014, 01:20)adhesiv Wrote:
(15-Dec-2014, 21:36)PhilP Wrote: 1d 3hrs 24mins in the uk which means zero hour is midnight on the 16th London time

Mystery solved!! Wink

From Quentin Sannie's tweet on the Phantom Rising homepage.

At 10:00 (Paris time) Devialet unveils #phantomrising welcome in a new world.
Retweeté par Sebastien Collignon

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - PhilP - 16-Dec-2014

(16-Dec-2014, 08:27)ozthepoz Wrote: From Quentin Sannie's tweet on the Phantom Rising homepage.

At 10:00 (Paris time) Devialet unveils #phantomrising welcome in a new world.
Retweeté par Sebastien Collignon

10:07 Paris time and nothing at my place has imploded so far...