Devialet Chat
Devialet's newest technology...? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet's newest technology...? (/Thread-Devialet-s-newest-technology)

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - cc1 - 16-Dec-2014

(16-Dec-2014, 15:52)Divasson Wrote: All of you have mail...

From Devialet! Explaining not only the Phantom, but also the Dialogue

I don't have a mail. I'm fully registered on their website...........and I know this is not the first time they have not notified everyone!

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Divasson - 16-Dec-2014

I hope not to be incurring in any copyright offense:

QUOTE:

Dear Friends,

Today, we are proud and delighted to exclusively reveal to you DIALOG and PHANTOM, the new Devialet revolutions. At this very moment, the international Press is gathered in our premises in Paris to discover them.

DIALOG is an intelligent audio router which, in association with the new Devialet application, makes your life easier :
- unique interface combining all your digital contents (stored or online) in an intuitive and smooth way, whatever the file formats (from MP3 to HD audio)
- communication and synchronisation between your Devialet products throughout your home, via a dedicated and powerful network which is open to all your guests
Accessible from your smartphone, tablet or computer, DIALOG is compatible with all Devialet products*.

PHANTOM is a wireless "Implosive Sound Center", enjoyed either stand-alone or together in your preferred music, home theatre or multi-zone set-up, which simply defies the laws of acoustics and product categories. An incredible listening experience, with no distortion. The result of over three years of R&D, PHANTOM combines all the Devialet exclusive technologies (including ADH® and SAM®), miniaturized into a small enclosure, as well as a major, brand new, acoustical technology, HBI® (Heart Bass Implosion). It produces an ultra-dense sound which you don’t just hear, you feel it!

Along with the D-Premier, the Devialet 120, 200, 250, 400 et 800, DIALOG and PHANTOM make up the new Devialet audio eco-system. Of course, all Devialet products will continue to evolve through future software upgrades, as we have proven to you over the past years.

You will be able to discover more tonight on our website. You’ll be surprised.

This new phase in the Devialet adventure would not have been possible without you. Your trust and support gave us the strength and the will to continue imagining the future of audio.

Thank you

* equipped with a USB input, to begin with.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Confused - 16-Dec-2014

(16-Dec-2014, 16:03)Divasson Wrote: Accessible from your smartphone, tablet or computer, DIALOG is compatible with all Devialet products*.

I actually find this a little disappointing. I think it would be excellent if the new Dialog device would work with AIR / Ethernet, thus ensuring good sound quality, even from a relatively low cost device. I know some people have obtained some good results from USB, so time will tell as to what Dialog is like sound quality wise.

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Antoine - 16-Dec-2014

Lots of negative remarks here, and of course everyone is free to express their opinion but I am actually excited. Just read the news, quickly, now going to delve in deeper. Smile

PS. The whole email:

Quote:Dear Friends,

Today, we are proud and delighted to exclusively reveal to you DIALOG and PHANTOM, the new Devialet revolutions. At this very moment, the international Press is gathered in our premises in Paris to discover them.

DIALOG is an intelligent audio router which, in association with the new Devialet application, makes your life easier :
- unique interface combining all your digital contents (stored or online) in an intuitive and smooth way, whatever the file formats (from MP3 to HD audio)
- communication and synchronisation between your Devialet products throughout your home, via a dedicated and powerful network which is open to all your guests
Accessible from your smartphone, tablet or computer, DIALOG is compatible with all Devialet products*.

PHANTOM is a wireless "Implosive Sound Center", enjoyed either stand-alone or together in your preferred music, home theatre or multi-zone set-up, which simply defies the laws of acoustics and product categories. An incredible listening experience, with no distortion. The result of over three years of R&D, PHANTOM combines all the Devialet exclusive technologies (including ADH® and SAM®), miniaturized into a small enclosure, as well as a major, brand new, acoustical technology, HBI® (Heart Bass Implosion). It produces an ultra-dense sound which you don’t just hear, you feel it!

Along with the D-Premier, the Devialet 120, 200, 250, 400 et 800, DIALOG and PHANTOM make up the new Devialet audio eco-system. Of course, all Devialet products will continue to evolve through future software upgrades, as we have proven to you over the past years.

You will be able to discover more tonight on our website. You’ll be surprised.

This new phase in the Devialet adventure would not have been possible without you. Your trust and support gave us the strength and the will to continue imagining the future of audio.

Thank you

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - GuillaumeB - 16-Dec-2014

(16-Dec-2014, 16:28)Antoine Wrote: Lots of negative remarks here, and of course everyone is free to express their opinion but I am actually excited. Just read the news, quickly, now going to delve in deeper. Smile

I agree Antoine. As mentioned earlier I think we will see a lot of new functionality trickle up to our amplifier units.

Guillaume

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - ZincAlloy - 16-Dec-2014

Dialog sounds very exciting. If it does what it implies - streaming all local and offsite content - it might be the NAS solution that a lot of us have been waiting for. If it still requires MAC or PC in the replay chain, I'll be underwhelmed.

It'll all come down to the app and the UI. I await impatiently... At $349, it'll be worth a punt when it arrives.

ATB, Ken

Devialet's newest technology...? - adhesiv - 16-Dec-2014

Also we were all just talking about active, crossover-less speakers which is what these appear to be. I'm with Antoine there's already a lot of punting before anyone here has actually heard these. I will definitely be scheduling a demo and if it truly is groundbreaking will be happy to replace my current LS50's. Excited that Devialet is still innovating, it's only good for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - ZincAlloy - 16-Dec-2014

Availability of Dialog, according to Devialet:

Devialet Support (Devialet)
Dec 16 16:40

Dear Ken,

Thank you very much, we appreciate your praises and are really excited too;

Dialog will be available mid january. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any question about Dialog and Phantom.

I wish you happy holidays,

Regards,

Océane Turpin

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - PhilP - 16-Dec-2014

The Phantom Rising campaign encouraged rumours and speculation - that was the whole point Wink Devialet want people to talk about their products - if no-ones interested enough to comment they'd be dead as a company.

We'll have all the details in the fullness of time but in the meantime let's have some fun speculating Smile

RE: Devialet's newest technology...? - Jwg1749 - 16-Dec-2014

Well, I think it looks like fun, and I'm going to give Dev the benefit of the doubt by assuming it sounds quite a bit better than the Naim Mu-so.

One concern: if the bass is really capable of damaging one's internal organs, I'd be worried about resonances, especially for people who live in flimsily constructed houses, as many of us in the UK do. Just think of the damage that thing could do to the set of Neighbours.*

Matt

* apologies for the arcane cultural reference.