Devialet Chat
Master - Slave - But which is which? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet Expert 400/800, Original d'Atelier, Expert 210/440/1000 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Expert-400-800-Original-d-Atelier-Expert-210-440-1000-Pro)
+--- Thread: Master - Slave - But which is which? (/Thread-Master-Slave-But-which-is-which)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Master - Slave - But which is which? - f1eng - 12-Dec-2017

mine says master on the display when in standby.

RE: Master - Slave - But which is which? - Vivialet - 12-Dec-2017

the difference between Master and Companion was only the Remote and the Master had the Wifi Board installed. It seems that both amps get the CI board, so they both are masters now. But you still have only one remote that will only work with the linked amp which must be the master.

RE: Master - Slave - But which is which? - Waiski - 12-Dec-2017

Mine says yes master.

RE: Master - Slave - But which is which? - teddlesdee - 13-Dec-2017

(12-Dec-2017, 21:52)Waiski Wrote: Mine says yes master.

Only if you put the Master 'Card' in the slot. Am I right that if you swap the card with the Companion one in the same machine, then it will read 'Companion' ???

RE: Master - Slave - But which is which? - f1eng - 13-Dec-2017

(13-Dec-2017, 10:42)teddlesdee Wrote:
(12-Dec-2017, 21:52)Waiski Wrote: Mine says yes master.

Only if you put the Master 'Card' in the slot. Am I right that if you swap the card with the Companion one in the same machine, then it will read 'Companion' ???

My companion doesn't display the fact, only the master.
I haven't tried it recently but they don't need a card in to work, so I don'y imagine the card is the reason for master being in the display.

Master - Slave - But which is which? - disarmamant - 16-Dec-2017

Last week I bought a 220 companion that has just come from Devialet for fitting the CI board.

My original 220 is going back to Devialet next week for the CI upgrade. So I have set up the newly upgraded companion as a master.

I loaded the configuration file from my original 220 and the companion works as a master, even the remote from my original 220 works. So as I see it they will all work as a master or a companion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Master - Slave - But which is which? - baddog - 16-Dec-2017

@disarmamant Thanks for sharing, are you using the WIFI, Ethernet or USB input on the former "companion"?

Master - Slave - But which is which? - disarmamant - 17-Dec-2017

(16-Dec-2017, 21:40)baddog Wrote: @disarmamant Thanks for sharing, are you using the WIFI, Ethernet or USB input on the former "companion"?

I’m using the Ethernet, or ‘AIR’ as it’s called now, the AES/EBU input and the optical input. The AIR input I’m using with Roon. It all works fine. I have not tried the WIFI, but I have no reason to doubt that it would work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Master - Slave - But which is which? - baddog - 17-Dec-2017

Thanks, I am amazed they actually made the companions into masters, nice touch.