Devialet Chat
No Smilies - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Support Desk (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Support-Desk)
+--- Thread: No Smilies (/Thread-No-Smilies)

Pages: 1 2

No Smilies - Axel - 06-May-2018

When I reply to a post, or hit New Reply, there are no smilies available.
I have smilies enabled, but nothing shows up in the left hand pane where they usually are, as in the screenshot for this post. I’m using an iPad Pro.

RE: No Smilies - Rufus McDufus - 06-May-2018

Weird - has this only recently started happening, do you know?

RE: No Smilies - Axel - 06-May-2018

(06-May-2018, 10:42)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Weird - has this only recently started happening, do you know?

Hi Rufus,
No, it’s been like it for a while.

RE: No Smilies - baddog - 06-May-2018

For me if I choose Quick Reply there are no "Smilies". However using either the Reply button from within a message (Reply/Quote/Mention/Report) or New Reply, I get the "Smilies".....

FWIW, YMMV, this is on a MacBook.

RE: No Smilies - Rufus McDufus - 06-May-2018

Yep, I don't think "Quick Reply" has smilies, though you can "Preview Post" and get the full post editor there  Rolleyes

I wasn't seeing smilies earlier in the Reply editor screen on my iPad but for some reason I am now, so it seems to be intermittent.  I've tried a few other browsers on Windows and they all seem OK, including masquerading as Safari/iPad with a user agent switcher, but of course if it's intermittent then that doesn't prove anything. I'll keep testing.

RE: No Smilies - Pim - 07-May-2018

(06-May-2018, 20:04)ZRufus McDufus Wrote: Yep, I don't think "Quick Reply" has smilies, though you can "Preview Post" and get the full post editor there  Rolleyes

I wasn't seeing smilies earlier in the Reply editor screen on my iPad but for some reason I am now, so it seems to be intermittent.  I've tried a few other browsers on Windows and they all seem OK, including masquerading as Safari/iPad with a user agent switcher, but of course if it's intermittent then that doesn't prove anything. I'll keep testing.

Smile

Edit: I was going to say that I sent this from my iPhone 5 but sent it too early... Anyway, it works on an iPhone.

RE: No Smilies - Axel - 07-May-2018

(06-May-2018, 20:04)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Yep, I don't think "Quick Reply" has smilies, though you can "Preview Post" and get the full post editor there  Rolleyes

I’ve posted this using Chrome on my iPad. No smilies here either :-(

RE: No Smilies - baddog - 07-May-2018

This is from iPad mini using safari.  

Angel Idea Sleepy Dodgy

RE: No Smilies - Axel - 08-May-2018

I’ve just checked this on my iPhone 6S Plus and my iMac 5K. No smilies here either.
This is very strange. I don’t understand it at all. I was beginning to think that it must be a setting that I’d overlooked. But on three devices....?

Edit: just tried my wife’s iPad with the same result.

RE: No Smilies - baddog - 08-May-2018

Are you trying this at home or elsewhere? I know it is highly unlikely to make a difference but if you have not tried it outside of your home, can you give it a go?

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad