Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Smilies
When I reply to a post, or hit New Reply, there are no smilies available.
I have smilies enabled, but nothing shows up in the left hand pane where they usually are, as in the screenshot for this post. I’m using an iPad Pro.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Weird - has this only recently started happening, do you know?
(06-May-2018, 10:42)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Weird - has this only recently started happening, do you know?

Hi Rufus,
No, it’s been like it for a while.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
For me if I choose Quick Reply there are no "Smilies". However using either the Reply button from within a message (Reply/Quote/Mention/Report) or New Reply, I get the "Smilies".....

FWIW, YMMV, this is on a MacBook.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Yep, I don't think "Quick Reply" has smilies, though you can "Preview Post" and get the full post editor there  Rolleyes

I wasn't seeing smilies earlier in the Reply editor screen on my iPad but for some reason I am now, so it seems to be intermittent.  I've tried a few other browsers on Windows and they all seem OK, including masquerading as Safari/iPad with a user agent switcher, but of course if it's intermittent then that doesn't prove anything. I'll keep testing.
(06-May-2018, 20:04)ZRufus McDufus Wrote: Yep, I don't think "Quick Reply" has smilies, though you can "Preview Post" and get the full post editor there  Rolleyes

I wasn't seeing smilies earlier in the Reply editor screen on my iPad but for some reason I am now, so it seems to be intermittent.  I've tried a few other browsers on Windows and they all seem OK, including masquerading as Safari/iPad with a user agent switcher, but of course if it's intermittent then that doesn't prove anything. I'll keep testing.

Smile

Edit: I was going to say that I sent this from my iPhone 5 but sent it too early... Anyway, it works on an iPhone.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(06-May-2018, 20:04)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Yep, I don't think "Quick Reply" has smilies, though you can "Preview Post" and get the full post editor there  Rolleyes

I’ve posted this using Chrome on my iPad. No smilies here either :-(
South Coast England
This is from iPad mini using safari.  

Angel Idea Sleepy Dodgy
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I’ve just checked this on my iPhone 6S Plus and my iMac 5K. No smilies here either.
This is very strange. I don’t understand it at all. I was beginning to think that it must be a setting that I’d overlooked. But on three devices....?

Edit: just tried my wife’s iPad with the same result.
South Coast England
Are you trying this at home or elsewhere? I know it is highly unlikely to make a difference but if you have not tried it outside of your home, can you give it a go?

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
SXSW, US