Devialet Chat
Hegel H 590 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet D-Premier, Expert 120/200/250, Expert 140/220/250 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-D-Premier-Expert-120-200-250-Expert-140-220-250-Pro)
+--- Thread: Hegel H 590 (/Thread-Hegel-H-590)

Pages: 1 2

Hegel H 590 - Finn - 01-Nov-2019

Hello all. Just a Question is there Anybody who have heard Hegel H 590 , Up aginst devialet expert model 220 Pro , and What is the impression about devialet 220 Pro vs Hegel H 590 . Rolleyes

RE: Hegel H 590 - Pim - 02-Nov-2019

Never heard a Hegel but having the same speakers as you, I would add another 220 and live happily ever after. The extra power makes a difference.

RE: Hegel H 590 - Randy Christie - 14-Nov-2019

(01-Nov-2019, 15:28)Finn Wrote: Hello all.  Just a Question  is there Anybody who have heard  Hegel H 590 , Up aginst devialet expert model 220 Pro , and What is the impression about devialet  220 Pro vs Hegel H 590 .  Rolleyes
3 years ago when I was first looking for a new system I compared the Devialet 130 to a Hegel ( do not recall them model #). While the Hegel was good the Devialet was noticeable better (only took a short listen to know I wanted the Dev.)
I now have a Dev 220 core and remain impressed with this amp (the company behind the product / not so much).

Randy Christie

RE: Hegel H 590 - Jim_Anderson - 15-Nov-2019

my local dealer https://www.spinnerssoundcentre.ca/ sells the Hegel products (previously a Devialet dealer) and I've had the opportunity to hear the 190 and 390.  I found them quite nice and if I wasn't in love with my D's, I would have seriously considered the 390.  Haven't heard the 590, but he has one coming in and when I've had a chance to hear it, I will report in.

Jim

RE: Hegel H 590 - musialsuspect - 15-Nov-2019

When I was looking, I compared the Hegel H190 and H360 as well as the Devialet 220. (Neither the H590 or H390 were out yet.) I heard the H190 by itself but did a head-to-head comparison of the H360 and D220 Expert CI at a dealer. The Hegels were nice, but the Devialet was clearly better.

I'm sure the new models narrowed the gap a bit and the H590 could perhaps have slightly passed the Devialet, but for me, it's also more expensive here in the States, especially with the current prices for used 220CIs.

I liked the blackness of the Hegel house sound. If I were starting from scratch, I would definitely listen to the new models and might buy the Hegel. But I agree with Pim since you already have a 220. Add another.

RE: Hegel H 590 - Sorensen - 15-Nov-2019

Soundstage hifi review of Hegel H590.  There is a short comparison between the Hegel and Devialet amps.
Finally, Devialet’s Expert Pro line of integrated-DACs: I’ve made no secret of my admiration for Devialet’s offerings. Their Expert 130 Pro (now replaced by Expert 140 Pro, $6490) was the state of the art, with a ton of clever functionality and peerless sound. Hegel’s H590 approaches the Devialet’s performance envelope but never quite matches it. The Devialet offers subtly more liquidity and ease through the all-important midrange, with even more holographic stereo imaging. And yet the margins are narrow. Further, you’d need to lay out $18,900, for the Expert 440 Pro Dual, to get a Devialet with power output to match the H590’s. The value proposition for Hegel’s flagship integrated is substantial

RE: Hegel H 590 - musialsuspect - 15-Nov-2019

(15-Nov-2019, 12:17)Sorensen Wrote: Soundstage hifi review of Hegel H590.  There is a short comparison between the Hegel and Devialet amps.
Finally, Devialet’s Expert Pro line of integrated-DACs: I’ve made no secret of my admiration for Devialet’s offerings. Their Expert 130 Pro (now replaced by Expert 140 Pro, $6490) was the state of the art, with a ton of clever functionality and peerless sound. Hegel’s H590 approaches the Devialet’s performance envelope but never quite matches it. The Devialet offers subtly more liquidity and ease through the all-important midrange, with even more holographic stereo imaging. And yet the margins are narrow. Further, you’d need to lay out $18,900, for the Expert 440 Pro Dual, to get a Devialet with power output to match the H590’s. The value proposition for Hegel’s flagship integrated is substantial

That sounds totally reasonable based upon my experience. Thanks for the validation!

RE: Hegel H 590 - Sorensen - 16-Nov-2019

(15-Nov-2019, 22:29)musialsuspect Wrote:
(15-Nov-2019, 12:17)Sorensen Wrote: Soundstage hifi review of Hegel H590.  There is a short comparison between the Hegel and Devialet amps.

That sounds totally reasonable based upon my experience. Thanks for the validation!

RE: Hegel H 590 - Sorensen - 13-Dec-2019

John Darko on YouTube reviews Hegel h590, and compare it to devialet 220 pro.  He loves the Hegel.
I would like to hear the Hegel.

RE: Hegel H 590 - pemooo - 13-Dec-2019

Hi there,

First post. Usually I’m just an observer Wink but now I felt I could actually contribute just a little in this thread. Firstly, the Darko U-tube review is actually comparing the 200, not the 220, to the Hegel h590. Never myself compared the 200 to the 220, that I own. However, I think most people here believe it was quite a big difference in sound quality. For me going from 120 to 220 it was definately a big difference. More organic, to put it short. Also, since I was curious I’ve had the Hegel H590 amp at home for a comparison. The Hegel does sound nice, no question about it. It gives a different sound, a typical transistor sound in a way but very controlled, a bit more powerful, warmer sounding. Somewhat better sense of the room and ”space” maybe. But still, the 220 definately has it’s advantages. SAM with my Boenicke W5se makes a difference in bass, also the transparancy and quickness of the Dev is un-matched. For me, I’m contemplating going the dev-mono road to add some more power to my quite difficult speaker load Smile