Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hegel H 590
Hello all. Just a Question is there Anybody who have heard Hegel H 590 , Up aginst devialet expert model 220 Pro , and What is the impression about devialet 220 Pro vs Hegel H 590 . Rolleyes
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
Never heard a Hegel but having the same speakers as you, I would add another 220 and live happily ever after. The extra power makes a difference.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(01-Nov-2019, 15:28)Finn Wrote: Hello all.  Just a Question  is there Anybody who have heard  Hegel H 590 , Up aginst devialet expert model 220 Pro , and What is the impression about devialet  220 Pro vs Hegel H 590 .  Rolleyes
3 years ago when I was first looking for a new system I compared the Devialet 130 to a Hegel ( do not recall them model #). While the Hegel was good the Devialet was noticeable better (only took a short listen to know I wanted the Dev.)
I now have a Dev 220 core and remain impressed with this amp (the company behind the product / not so much).

Randy Christie
my local dealer https://www.spinnerssoundcentre.ca/ sells the Hegel products (previously a Devialet dealer) and I've had the opportunity to hear the 190 and 390.  I found them quite nice and if I wasn't in love with my D's, I would have seriously considered the 390.  Haven't heard the 590, but he has one coming in and when I've had a chance to hear it, I will report in.

Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
When I was looking, I compared the Hegel H190 and H360 as well as the Devialet 220. (Neither the H590 or H390 were out yet.) I heard the H190 by itself but did a head-to-head comparison of the H360 and D220 Expert CI at a dealer. The Hegels were nice, but the Devialet was clearly better.

I'm sure the new models narrowed the gap a bit and the H590 could perhaps have slightly passed the Devialet, but for me, it's also more expensive here in the States, especially with the current prices for used 220CIs.

I liked the blackness of the Hegel house sound. If I were starting from scratch, I would definitely listen to the new models and might buy the Hegel. But I agree with Pim since you already have a 220. Add another.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
Soundstage hifi review of Hegel H590.  There is a short comparison between the Hegel and Devialet amps.
Finally, Devialet’s Expert Pro line of integrated-DACs: I’ve made no secret of my admiration for Devialet’s offerings. Their Expert 130 Pro (now replaced by Expert 140 Pro, $6490) was the state of the art, with a ton of clever functionality and peerless sound. Hegel’s H590 approaches the Devialet’s performance envelope but never quite matches it. The Devialet offers subtly more liquidity and ease through the all-important midrange, with even more holographic stereo imaging. And yet the margins are narrow. Further, you’d need to lay out $18,900, for the Expert 440 Pro Dual, to get a Devialet with power output to match the H590’s. The value proposition for Hegel’s flagship integrated is substantial
(15-Nov-2019, 12:17)Sorensen Wrote: Soundstage hifi review of Hegel H590.  There is a short comparison between the Hegel and Devialet amps.
Finally, Devialet’s Expert Pro line of integrated-DACs: I’ve made no secret of my admiration for Devialet’s offerings. Their Expert 130 Pro (now replaced by Expert 140 Pro, $6490) was the state of the art, with a ton of clever functionality and peerless sound. Hegel’s H590 approaches the Devialet’s performance envelope but never quite matches it. The Devialet offers subtly more liquidity and ease through the all-important midrange, with even more holographic stereo imaging. And yet the margins are narrow. Further, you’d need to lay out $18,900, for the Expert 440 Pro Dual, to get a Devialet with power output to match the H590’s. The value proposition for Hegel’s flagship integrated is substantial

That sounds totally reasonable based upon my experience. Thanks for the validation!
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
(15-Nov-2019, 22:29)musialsuspect Wrote:
(15-Nov-2019, 12:17)Sorensen Wrote: Soundstage hifi review of Hegel H590.  There is a short comparison between the Hegel and Devialet amps.

That sounds totally reasonable based upon my experience. Thanks for the validation!
John Darko on YouTube reviews Hegel h590, and compare it to devialet 220 pro.  He loves the Hegel.
I would like to hear the Hegel.
Hi there,

First post. Usually I’m just an observer Wink but now I felt I could actually contribute just a little in this thread. Firstly, the Darko U-tube review is actually comparing the 200, not the 220, to the Hegel h590. Never myself compared the 200 to the 220, that I own. However, I think most people here believe it was quite a big difference in sound quality. For me going from 120 to 220 it was definately a big difference. More organic, to put it short. Also, since I was curious I’ve had the Hegel H590 amp at home for a comparison. The Hegel does sound nice, no question about it. It gives a different sound, a typical transistor sound in a way but very controlled, a bit more powerful, warmer sounding. Somewhat better sense of the room and ”space” maybe. But still, the 220 definately has it’s advantages. SAM with my Boenicke W5se makes a difference in bass, also the transparancy and quickness of the Dev is un-matched. For me, I’m contemplating going the dev-mono road to add some more power to my quite difficult speaker load Smile