Devialet Chat
D Premier Firmware - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet D-Premier, Expert 120/200/250, Expert 140/220/250 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-D-Premier-Expert-120-200-250-Expert-140-220-250-Pro)
+--- Thread: D Premier Firmware (/Thread-D-Premier-Firmware--6415)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: D Premier Firmware - georgev - 26-Mar-2020

ow do you go "back" to 7.13?

D Premier Firmware - no32 - 26-Mar-2020

I did , I tried them all and happy with 7.1.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What i meant, and wrote incorrectly, is How did you go back.
Also, and maybe this is another thread, i am having intermittent drop outs with Air.
i am onl 40cm from the AP.
Any thoughts?

D Premier Firmware - no32 - 26-Mar-2020

You can easily go back just download the fW you want to try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: D Premier Firmware - ogs - 26-Mar-2020

(26-Mar-2020, 04:17)georgev Wrote: i am onl 40cm from the AP.
Any thoughts?

Is this a D-Premier without ethernet? Only wifi? Do you get drop outs even on 16bit / 44.1kHz? (aka CD resolution)?

Yup D Prem. Only WiFi.
Not sure about the rate,
i will check that.

RE: D Premier Firmware - ogs - 26-Mar-2020

(26-Mar-2020, 07:49)georgev Wrote: Yup D Prem. Only WiFi.

Ah, I see. If CD rez also drops I'm afraid your only option is to use one of the digital out HAT's and a Rpi 3 or 4 with RoPieee. With Roon as file player you'd use RAAT. That is a very stable solution. The Allo DigiOne for example. If money is no object, the dCS Network Bridge is fabulous.

EDIT: another great option is a Raspberry Pi4 in a Flirc case (+ RoPieee) and USB to a Mutec MC3 +USB. AES/EBU from Mutec to D-Premier. Be ware that Mutec's USB input takes power on the USB bus.

RE: D Premier Firmware - Cylob - 30-Mar-2020

(26-Mar-2020, 04:05)georgev Wrote: ow do you go "back" to 7.13?

Here's a description on how to install on a D Premier:::

7.1.3 on D-Premier

And a topic about that firmware compared to others:::

Firmware 7.1.3 vs 8.1.3 vs 10.0.2

Good luck! And enjoy...

RE: D Premier Firmware - runforfree69 - 06-Apr-2020

Couple of observations i've found with my D Prem', i've recently started streaming. I'm using a MacAir as Roon Core, I had drop outs until I connected Mac to router then all good. If you intend to use Tidal/Qobuz i've found Qobuz noticeably betterĀ ... having read around I think it's to do with Qobuz pcm to D Prem pcm where the MQA doesn't get the full treatment on the D Prem which is pcm only.

RE: D Premier Firmware - daniel.avasilichioaei - 06-Apr-2020

(06-Apr-2020, 14:07)runforfree69 Wrote:

Couple of observations i've found with my D Prem', i've recently started streaming. I'm using a MacAir as Roon Core, I had drop outs until I connected Mac to router then all good. If you intend to use Tidal/Qobuz i've found Qobuz noticeably betterĀ ... having read around I think it's to do with Qobuz pcm to D Prem pcm where the MQA doesn't get the full treatment on the D Prem which is pcm only.

I believe you won't hear the difference between PCM/FLAC and MQA (with or without render decoding - assuming that you are performing core decoding)...

I was using TIDAL. I still have active subscription.
During the last week, I made intensive tests on TIDAL vs. QOBUZ. Indeed, there are big differences in sound quality, but these are because of "loudness war": TIDAL is performing a strong boosting on loudness, that is very bad for sound quality (but it is good for non-HiFi consumers).
After these tests, I subscribed to QOBUZ, and these days I will cancel my TIDAL subscription.

P.S.: For more information on "loudness war", try Google search. Smile