Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D Premier Firmware
ow do you go "back" to 7.13?
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
I did , I tried them all and happy with 7.1.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What i meant, and wrote incorrectly, is How did you go back.
Also, and maybe this is another thread, i am having intermittent drop outs with Air.
i am onl 40cm from the AP.
Any thoughts?
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
You can easily go back just download the fW you want to try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(26-Mar-2020, 04:17)georgev Wrote: i am onl 40cm from the AP.
Any thoughts?

Is this a D-Premier without ethernet? Only wifi? Do you get drop outs even on 16bit / 44.1kHz? (aka CD resolution)?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Yup D Prem. Only WiFi.
Not sure about the rate,
i will check that.
Music Room:
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
(26-Mar-2020, 07:49)georgev Wrote: Yup D Prem. Only WiFi.

Ah, I see. If CD rez also drops I'm afraid your only option is to use one of the digital out HAT's and a Rpi 3 or 4 with RoPieee. With Roon as file player you'd use RAAT. That is a very stable solution. The Allo DigiOne for example. If money is no object, the dCS Network Bridge is fabulous.

EDIT: another great option is a Raspberry Pi4 in a Flirc case (+ RoPieee) and USB to a Mutec MC3 +USB. AES/EBU from Mutec to D-Premier. Be ware that Mutec's USB input takes power on the USB bus.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(26-Mar-2020, 04:05)georgev Wrote: ow do you go "back" to 7.13?

Here's a description on how to install on a D Premier:::

7.1.3 on D-Premier

And a topic about that firmware compared to others:::

Firmware 7.1.3 vs 8.1.3 vs 10.0.2

Good luck! And enjoy...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)

Couple of observations i've found with my D Prem', i've recently started streaming. I'm using a MacAir as Roon Core, I had drop outs until I connected Mac to router then all good. If you intend to use Tidal/Qobuz i've found Qobuz noticeably better ... having read around I think it's to do with Qobuz pcm to D Prem pcm where the MQA doesn't get the full treatment on the D Prem which is pcm only.
Feickert Blackbird, AO pu7, Benz ebony L, Graham Phantom, Koetsu Rosewood sig', Tom Evans SRX, Apple MacAir, D Premier. Kef blades. 
(06-Apr-2020, 14:07)runforfree69 Wrote:

Couple of observations i've found with my D Prem', i've recently started streaming. I'm using a MacAir as Roon Core, I had drop outs until I connected Mac to router then all good. If you intend to use Tidal/Qobuz i've found Qobuz noticeably better ... having read around I think it's to do with Qobuz pcm to D Prem pcm where the MQA doesn't get the full treatment on the D Prem which is pcm only.

I believe you won't hear the difference between PCM/FLAC and MQA (with or without render decoding - assuming that you are performing core decoding)...

I was using TIDAL. I still have active subscription.
During the last week, I made intensive tests on TIDAL vs. QOBUZ. Indeed, there are big differences in sound quality, but these are because of "loudness war": TIDAL is performing a strong boosting on loudness, that is very bad for sound quality (but it is good for non-HiFi consumers).
After these tests, I subscribed to QOBUZ, and these days I will cancel my TIDAL subscription.

P.S.: For more information on "loudness war", try Google search. Smile