Devialet Chat
New remote dos2 gold s - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: New remote dos2 gold s (/Thread-New-remote-dos2-gold-s)

Pages: 1 2

New remote dos2 gold s - eladeb - 04-Nov-2020

Hi All,
Thinking of buying the new remote from amazon 210$ to my country.
Is it worth it?

Thanks.....

RE: New remote dos2 gold s - ogs - 04-Nov-2020

(04-Nov-2020, 11:06)eladeb Wrote: Hi All,
Thinking of buying the new remote from amazon 210$ to my country.
Is it worth it?

Thanks.....

I believe @vaguedetails  is one of the few that own the new remote. Maybe he can share his findings?

RE: New remote dos2 gold s - vaguedetails - 05-Nov-2020

After some initial pairing headaches it’s been rock solid for the past month (needed to reset everything a few times, and worked with Devialet support: there was a software update in there somewhere that may have contributed to the repair). Always connected now and I haven’t had to charge it yet. It has required me to switch from Roon RAAT via a raspberry Pi into the optical input over to Airplay via Roon so I could take advantage of the Next/Previous tracking features. (Say another prayer for Native RAAT)

I particularly like that I can hit play on the remote and Roon starts up again even if I haven’t been listening to music in a few days. I don’t need to pick up my phone or tablet at all if whatever I was playing last seems suitable in the moment.

It’s what the first remote should have been. I quite like it.

RE: New remote dos2 gold s - booshtukka - 06-Nov-2020

I have one too. It's expensive, and the display is hard to see in bright light, but otherwise I like it.

RE: New remote dos2 gold s - eladeb - 06-Nov-2020

Think il save the money for the gemini (:

RE: New remote dos2 gold s - rsemedo - 09-Nov-2020

(05-Nov-2020, 01:46)vaguedetails Wrote: After some initial pairing headaches it’s been rock solid for the past month (needed to reset everything a few times, and worked with Devialet support: there was a software update in there somewhere that may have contributed to the repair). Always connected now and I haven’t had to charge it yet. It has required me to switch from Roon RAAT via a raspberry Pi into the optical input over to Airplay via Roon so I could take advantage of the Next/Previous tracking features. (Say another prayer for Native RAAT)

I particularly like that I can hit play on the remote and Roon starts up again even if I haven’t been listening to music in a few days. I don’t need to pick up my phone or tablet at all if whatever I was playing last seems suitable in the moment.

It’s what the first remote should have been. I quite like it.

Hi there, 
Can you give me a few more pointers regarding how you managed to fix the pairing issue...just got mine and it's not pairing with my Gold... Undecided

RE: New remote dos2 gold s - vaguedetails - 11-Nov-2020

I ended up having to fully reset everything a couple times. For my set up that included the Dialog I still use to add a remote optical input.

RE: New remote dos2 gold s - MGremlin - 12-Nov-2020

I've been looking hard at the new remote but seeing I already have the previous version, not sure if next/previous is worth it.
Waiting for reviews of the Gemini. Want that for Christmas!

RE: New remote dos2 gold s - ragwo - 27-Dec-2020

Bought the new remote a week before Xmas. Certainly an welcoming upgrade from the original one. It's more responsive, and the my sister in law can't mistake it for a moisturizer jar, as she did with the old one. It was hilarious!
Today I wondered if I should buy another one, but there's been a price increase of €50, it's now €179, I paid €129. For €129 it was a no brainer, €179 not so much.

RE: New remote dos2 gold s - Silvertouran - 27-Dec-2020

I started a thread here. I like it. 
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Remove-control-v2