Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New remote dos2 gold s
Hi All,
Thinking of buying the new remote from amazon 210$ to my country.
Is it worth it?

Thanks.....
(04-Nov-2020, 11:06)eladeb Wrote: Hi All,
Thinking of buying the new remote from amazon 210$ to my country.
Is it worth it?

Thanks.....

I believe @vaguedetails  is one of the few that own the new remote. Maybe he can share his findings?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
After some initial pairing headaches it’s been rock solid for the past month (needed to reset everything a few times, and worked with Devialet support: there was a software update in there somewhere that may have contributed to the repair). Always connected now and I haven’t had to charge it yet. It has required me to switch from Roon RAAT via a raspberry Pi into the optical input over to Airplay via Roon so I could take advantage of the Next/Previous tracking features. (Say another prayer for Native RAAT)

I particularly like that I can hit play on the remote and Roon starts up again even if I haven’t been listening to music in a few days. I don’t need to pick up my phone or tablet at all if whatever I was playing last seems suitable in the moment.

It’s what the first remote should have been. I quite like it.
I have one too. It's expensive, and the display is hard to see in bright light, but otherwise I like it.
Think il save the money for the gemini (:
(05-Nov-2020, 01:46)vaguedetails Wrote: After some initial pairing headaches it’s been rock solid for the past month (needed to reset everything a few times, and worked with Devialet support: there was a software update in there somewhere that may have contributed to the repair). Always connected now and I haven’t had to charge it yet. It has required me to switch from Roon RAAT via a raspberry Pi into the optical input over to Airplay via Roon so I could take advantage of the Next/Previous tracking features. (Say another prayer for Native RAAT)

I particularly like that I can hit play on the remote and Roon starts up again even if I haven’t been listening to music in a few days. I don’t need to pick up my phone or tablet at all if whatever I was playing last seems suitable in the moment.

It’s what the first remote should have been. I quite like it.

Hi there, 
Can you give me a few more pointers regarding how you managed to fix the pairing issue...just got mine and it's not pairing with my Gold... Undecided
I ended up having to fully reset everything a couple times. For my set up that included the Dialog I still use to add a remote optical input.
I've been looking hard at the new remote but seeing I already have the previous version, not sure if next/previous is worth it.
Waiting for reviews of the Gemini. Want that for Christmas!
Bought the new remote a week before Xmas. Certainly an welcoming upgrade from the original one. It's more responsive, and the my sister in law can't mistake it for a moisturizer jar, as she did with the old one. It was hilarious!
Today I wondered if I should buy another one, but there's been a price increase of €50, it's now €179, I paid €129. For €129 it was a no brainer, €179 not so much.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I started a thread here. I like it. 
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Remove-control-v2
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2