Devialet Chat
D-Premier Upgrade to 250 Pro > same case? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet D-Premier, Expert 120/200/250, Expert 140/220/250 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-D-Premier-Expert-120-200-250-Expert-140-220-250-Pro)
+--- Thread: D-Premier Upgrade to 250 Pro > same case? (/Thread-D-Premier-Upgrade-to-250-Pro-same-case)

Pages: 1 2

D-Premier Upgrade to 250 Pro > same case? - weberan - 15-Nov-2020

Hi,

I am thinking about upgrading my D Premier to the 250 Expert Pro and sooner or later upgrade to the 1000.

Do the upgraded D Premiers (to the 250 Expert Pro) look the same like current 250 Expert Pros? has there been a change of finish?

Best regards
Andreas

RE: D-Premier Upgrade to 250 Pro > same case? - Laura - 16-Nov-2020

When you use the upgrade programme the case is not changed, you keep the same one that you sent off. All current Expert Pro models are a dark chrome finish whereas D Premiers are a light chrome colour so it will look a little different from the current models. You can pay extra to have the case changed but the cost of doing this is quite high.

RE: D-Premier Upgrade to 250 Pro > same case? - weberan - 16-Nov-2020

@Laura : Thanks! Does not sound like a good idea of doing both upgrades then. I also asked Devialet directly concerning that issue. Let's see what their opinion is.

RE: D-Premier Upgrade to 250 Pro > same case? - Bartype - 16-Nov-2020

No, they don't change the case. I own a formerly D-Premier with a white finish, with large the letters "D-Premier" printed on the removable cable part of the case. Even this they don't change so my now 250 Pro CI has still "D-Premier" printed on it...

RE: D-Premier Upgrade to 250 Pro > same case? - Petter - 16-Nov-2020

My orginal D Premier was black, i did a reklamation when i did the upgrade because of the black surface that was falling off

They sent me a upgraded one in light crome Smile this was the first uppgrade some years back

RE: D-Premier Upgrade to 250 Pro > same case? - weberan - 16-Nov-2020

Thank you so much. I actually have no problem with the look of the D Premier:
just wanted to know, if the silver finish differs and if a upgrade to mono would make sense after it.

RE: D-Premier Upgrade to 250 Pro > same case? - weberan - 20-Dec-2020

I got the D-Premier back from the upgrade. I had the possibility to compare the D250 look to the D-Premier: it indeed differs to much.
I will search for another d-premier now, so I can have a 1000 Pro at the end.

RE: D-Premier Upgrade to 250 Pro > same case? - liquitech - 22-Dec-2020

(20-Dec-2020, 21:08)weberan Wrote: I got the D-Premier back from the upgrade. I had the possibility to compare the D250 look to the D-Premier: it indeed differs to much.
I will search for another d-premier now, so I can have a 1000 Pro at the end.

Is there a copper bottom plate in the upgraded 250pro?

RE: D-Premier Upgrade to 250 Pro > same case? - weberan - 22-Dec-2020

Yes, there is!

RE: D-Premier Upgrade to 250 Pro > same case? - weberan - 23-Dec-2020

@Laura : do you know if the devialet 240 case is similar to the d premier or the d250?