Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Premier Upgrade to 250 Pro > same case?
Hi,

I am thinking about upgrading my D Premier to the 250 Expert Pro and sooner or later upgrade to the 1000.

Do the upgraded D Premiers (to the 250 Expert Pro) look the same like current 250 Expert Pros? has there been a change of finish?

Best regards
Andreas
When you use the upgrade programme the case is not changed, you keep the same one that you sent off. All current Expert Pro models are a dark chrome finish whereas D Premiers are a light chrome colour so it will look a little different from the current models. You can pay extra to have the case changed but the cost of doing this is quite high.
@Laura : Thanks! Does not sound like a good idea of doing both upgrades then. I also asked Devialet directly concerning that issue. Let's see what their opinion is.
No, they don't change the case. I own a formerly D-Premier with a white finish, with large the letters "D-Premier" printed on the removable cable part of the case. Even this they don't change so my now 250 Pro CI has still "D-Premier" printed on it...
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
My orginal D Premier was black, i did a reklamation when i did the upgrade because of the black surface that was falling off

They sent me a upgraded one in light crome Smile this was the first uppgrade some years back
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Thank you so much. I actually have no problem with the look of the D Premier:
just wanted to know, if the silver finish differs and if a upgrade to mono would make sense after it.
I got the D-Premier back from the upgrade. I had the possibility to compare the D250 look to the D-Premier: it indeed differs to much.
I will search for another d-premier now, so I can have a 1000 Pro at the end.
(20-Dec-2020, 21:08)weberan Wrote: I got the D-Premier back from the upgrade. I had the possibility to compare the D250 look to the D-Premier: it indeed differs to much.
I will search for another d-premier now, so I can have a 1000 Pro at the end.

Is there a copper bottom plate in the upgraded 250pro?
Devialet 1000PRO CI,  Canton Reference 2.2DC, REL Carbon Special, Inakustik LS 2404 AIR, Digital, Ansuz MainzA2, 2x Gold Phantoms on Trees, Simaudio Moon 430HAD, Kennerton Thekk, Kennerton Rognir Dynamic

Yes, there is!
@Laura : do you know if the devialet 240 case is similar to the d premier or the d250?