Devialet Chat
New Firmware - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Gemini Earbuds (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Gemini-Earbuds)
+--- Thread: New Firmware (/Thread-New-Firmware)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: New Firmware - Ounerbouks - 07-Apr-2021

I did not understand how you did for the charging box

RE: New Firmware - SoCalB - 07-Apr-2021

Did the update yesterday - ZERO issues.

You will have to reconnect bluetooth to each ear separately when it does the update.

Also, I have found that when I plugged in the case vs. using wireless charging that it updates. 

So far, zero battery drain!  First time in months woke up and everything was at 100% across the board.

PLUS...today they gave FREE 3 year Devialet Care...and a set of their NEW tips.  (Hint...it will say they are $9 until you get through the checkout process, then it disappears...so don't get frustrated, just login and keep going, it will be free). 

So far....super happy!

RE: New Firmware - st33f - 07-Apr-2021

(07-Apr-2021, 18:49)SoCalB Wrote: Did the update yesterday - ZERO issues.

You will have to reconnect bluetooth to each ear separately when it does the update.

Also, I have found that when I plugged in the case vs. using wireless charging that it updates. 

So far, zero battery drain!  First time in months woke up and everything was at 100% across the board.

PLUS...today they gave FREE 3 year Devialet Care...and a set of their NEW tips.  (Hint...it will say they are $9 until you get through the checkout process, then it disappears...so don't get frustrated, just login and keep going, it will be free). 

So far....super happy!

Same for me, so far so good, Devialet Care and tips for free  Big Grin

RE: New Firmware - Ounerbouks - 07-Apr-2021

me everything went well except the charger, it does not update
Can someone help me..
It must be open or closed for the update

RE: New Firmware - jonstatt - 07-Apr-2021

(07-Apr-2021, 18:49)SoCalB Wrote: Did the update yesterday - ZERO issues.

So far....super happy!
They haven't offered me care, just tips!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

RE: New Firmware - rad22 - 07-Apr-2021

Took my mothballed Gemini’s off the shelf and the long-awaited update worked flawlessly. Now the best all round earbuds/headphones in my armamentarium. These will stay in my pocket/briefcase all the time. Tidal bluetoothed from my iPhone rivals my Sennheiser HD-800’s plugged into my iFi Pro. Phenomenal.

RE: New Firmware - Adam Leon - 08-Apr-2021

Updated my geminis, which have been nothing but trouble since new. 
Now my case is dead. No lights nada. Tried all the fixes, plugged it in left it open, tried wired and wireless, removed both buds , then just the right one. Nada. Dead. 

To add insult to injury the customer support telephone number is no longer given, no doubt because Devaliet are inundated with calls from angry customers. 

So I emailed a ticket and am still waiting. I don’t have high hopes. 
Worst audio company I’ve ever dealt with, an utter disgrace. 
I’m half a mind to go public on this utter shambles.
If I don’t get a call within 48 hrs I will. 
Wish we’d bought any other brand on the planet. At least they might have worked.

RE: New Firmware - em0 - 08-Apr-2021

I also did the update yesterday - went through without a hitch. Zero battery drain since - I've used them extensively throughout the day and can report flawless performance. With the free tips ordered and the Devialet Care activated I'm sure glad I kept them and gave their techs a chance to fix the firmware. Soundwise they're phenomenal.

@jonstatt - check your email - the Devialet Care offer came a few hours after the ear tips offer with the subject "Activate your Devialet Care"

RE: New Firmware - jhwalker - 08-Apr-2021

(06-Apr-2021, 22:17)jhwalker Wrote:
(06-Apr-2021, 21:16)diamar Wrote: I had the same problem. Then found this: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018345839 — the part about “Error updating case” will tell you to leave it plugged in and open for a few minutes, it’ll come back (at least mine did)

Nice thought, but no.  

Left the case open for 30 minutes (nothing).  Removed the right earbud and replaced it, waited for 15 minutes (nothing).

Mine is dead as a doornail, as far as I can tell.

I'll keep trying, I guess, and I've opened a ticket with Devialet support - took them almost a week to respond last time, so not expecting anything soon :/ Meanwhile, I guess I'll just stare longingly at my Geminis ... 

UPDATE:  After at least 30 tries (i.e., open / close case, remove L/R earbuds, open / close case, remove R earbud only, etc.), I tried again this evening ... and the case started charging!  The next time I removed the right earbud, the external case light came on, and the next time I checked the case, it had been updated to v1.20 of the firmware!

Not sure I'm 100% OK with the case being "dead" for over 36 hours - and not confident it won't happen again - but it appears I'm up and running for now Smile

RE: New Firmware - jonstatt - 08-Apr-2021

(08-Apr-2021, 02:30)jhwalker Wrote:
(06-Apr-2021, 22:17)jhwalker Wrote:
(06-Apr-2021, 21:16)diamar Wrote: I had the same problem. Then found this: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018345839 — the part about “Error updating case” will tell you to leave it plugged in and open for a few minutes, it’ll come back (at least mine did)

Nice thought, but no.  

Left the case open for 30 minutes (nothing).  Removed the right earbud and replaced it, waited for 15 minutes (nothing).

Mine is dead as a doornail, as far as I can tell.

I'll keep trying, I guess, and I've opened a ticket with Devialet support - took them almost a week to respond last time, so not expecting anything soon :/ Meanwhile, I guess I'll just stare longingly at my Geminis ... 

UPDATE:  After at least 30 tries (i.e., open / close case, remove L/R earbuds, open / close case, remove R earbud only, etc.), I tried again this evening ... and the case started charging!  The next time I removed the right earbud, the external case light came on, and the next time I checked the case, it had been updated to v1.20 of the firmware!

Not sure I'm 100% OK with the case being "dead" for over 36 hours - and not confident it won't happen again - but it appears I'm up and running for now Smile
I ran down the batteries until the case was no longer seen in the app and the ear pieces were no longer being charged. Then followed the procedure and it worked! I hypothesised the battery needed to reach low enough that the case effectively reset earlier in the thread. I wonder if this is what also happened with you.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk