Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware
Anyone have information about new firmware?
I find it long Smile 

(19-Jan-2021, 17:30)Ounerbouks Wrote: Anyone have information about new firmware?
I find it long Smile 

Got it this morning from Devialet support after complaining about some issues I had: "The update firmware should be releasing the end of Jan" Let's see what improvements this update brings.
I'm looking forward to it too
Looking forward to it as well... can't wait for it to fix the battery drain issue.
It's really annoying.
Yeah, I am very close to returning mine. It is annoying that the buds aren't always recognized as being in the chamber. I have to try a few times before it shows, then it normally works to shut them off, but even then sometimes one is drained completely.
Has anyone tried using them with a Windows 10 computer? Mine connect, but then the audio is completely broken.
(22-Jan-2021, 08:41)lov123rock Wrote: Looking forward to it as well... can't wait for it to fix the battery drain issue.
It's really annoying.

+1, battery drain issue is a pain in the *ss, works wonders for a few days and next days, poof, battery is gone.
Hopefully it's a software issue, not an hardware issue that the next firmware will fix.
I am glad the buds really sound great, because the rest of the experience has been a train wreck: from the shipment tracking inaccuracy to the intial software upgrade and pairing issues, this has been a plug&pray experience rather than the 'seamless' user experience I was expecting for €300.
Let's say it's the curse of the early adopter Big Grin 
Also, their customer service has been pretty useless for any technical advice as well, I really hope their learn fast from this bad Germini roll out, otherwise I don't see a bright future for a luxury brand disappointing faithfull clients.
Guys,

Just received the info from Devialet Customer Service. They said the new firmware update would be a delay and no schedule can be estimated.
It really upset me a lot. I put up with these connection issue for a week. Now they just said no schedule can be promise and if you don't want to wait, you can have a refund.........
I'll apply for the refund process though... battery drain issue is annoying.
they are not fast, but we know it. devialet does not have a good reputation on the software side but as the product is no longer on sale for an update, I think they are doing everything to do it quickly

thank you for giving this news

By cons for the battery I found a tip.
Delete the right side in your bluetooth settings and the battery will no longer drain

and always store gemini them open

tell me if it works for you
(02-Feb-2021, 09:14)Ounerbouks Wrote: they are not fast, but we know it. devialet does not have a good reputation on the software side but as the product is no longer on sale for an update, I think they are doing everything to do it quickly

Delete the right side in your bluetooth settings and the battery will no longer drain

Thanks for the update. I agree that Devialet would not want to delay on this; I just hope that they are making good progress and this is something they can fix. In the meantime I have been able to avoid the batter drain by taking a little extra care when I put them away. Here is what I do when I stop listening on an Android phone (Pixel 2XL):

1. Make sure the music is paused. I have it se to auto-pause so simply removing a bud will pause, but I sometimes just tap pause.
2. put back in case and shut
3. check chamber light and phone drop-down settings to see to see that the Bluetooth is disengaged for about 5 seconds. 
If so, done! If it's not disengaged or if it comes back on (this is where the drain occurs) then:
4. open/shut until BT remains disengaged.

I know this looks like a lot to do, but it's gotten so that I barely notice it. 
On odd occasions it gets mixed up and I manually disconnect the BT. If so, I usually try to reconnect by selecting "Gemini R", not "Gemini". If the "Gemini" gets connected by accident I always disconnect and manually re-connect to "Gemini R". That usually fixes things, but sometimes only the Right bud emits sound. If so, putting the Left back in the chamber fro a moment will restore sound. (when this happens you get a Right-to-Left crossfade effect from right to left which is actually kinda cool -- sounds like mono right morphing into stereo!) 

Of course YMMV. On my phone after initial pairing I don't have "Gemini L", just "Gemini R" and "Gemini", and as mentioned I only interface with "Gemini R". From everything I read, the right bud is the "controller" bud, at least when it comes to the chamber.  Meanwhile on my Macbook Pro, I have static "Gemini L" and "Gemini R", and I always connect to "Gemini L". Maybe it's like this on the IPhone? idk. But I always disconnect the Macbook manually before I go back to the phone.

All this might sound like a pain, but really it's not much for me, and I've been enjoying them immensely with no battery drain for at least two weeks. If I just stick to the phone they've been very well behaved, mostly disengaging on the first shut. However I get how most folks would be frustrated and I really wish somebody from Devialet would chime in with a full explanation on what these things are trying to do. I know they like to think they are working "magic", and sound-wise they are, but software-wise full disclosure is much better than magic.
(02-Feb-2021, 09:14)Ounerbouks Wrote: they are not fast, but we know it. devialet does not have a good reputation on the software side but as the product is no longer on sale for an update, I think they are doing everything to do it quickly

Thanks for this...had NO idea that had them as "unavailable" on the site.  I just checked and confirmed. 

I just hope it is a software issue and NOT a hardware issue.

Again, the sound is great, but the case/etc. just doesn't feel as robust as my simple galaxy buds case. 

The chamber is actually pretty annoying when you're walking with it in your pocket.  There is a mm or 2 of movement as it shifts in your pocket with every step. 

Plus, it doesn't seem like the buds fit snugly when you drop them in.  Not like my galaxy buds. 

Staying the course...and hoping for an update here soon.
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)