Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware
(02-Feb-2021, 17:21)cresny Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 09:14)Ounerbouks Wrote: they are not fast, but we know it. devialet does not have a good reputation on the software side but as the product is no longer on sale for an update, I think they are doing everything to do it quickly

thank you for giving this news

By cons for the battery I found a tip.
Delete the right side in your bluetooth settings and the battery will no longer drain

and always store gemini them open

tell me if it works for you

Thanks for the update. I agree that Devialet would not want to delay on this; I just hope that they are making good progress and this is something they can fix. In the meantime I have been able to avoid the batter drain by taking a little extra care when I put them away. Here is what I do when I stop listening on an Android phone (Pixel 2XL):

1. Make sure the music is paused. I have it se to auto-pause so simply removing a bud will pause, but I sometimes just tap pause.
2. put back in case and shut
3. check chamber light and phone drop-down settings to see to see that the Bluetooth is disengaged for about 5 seconds. 
If so, done! If it's not disengaged or if it comes back on (this is where the drain occurs) then:
4. open/shut until BT remains disengaged.

I know this looks like a lot to do, but it's gotten so that I barely notice it. 
On odd occasions it gets mixed up and I manually disconnect the BT. If so, I usually try to reconnect by selecting "Gemini R", not "Gemini". If the "Gemini" gets connected by accident I always disconnect and manually re-connect to "Gemini R". That usually fixes things, but sometimes only the Right bud emits sound. If so, putting the Left back in the chamber fro a moment will restore sound. (when this happens you get a Right-to-Left crossfade effect from right to left which is actually kinda cool -- sounds like mono right morphing into stereo!) 

Of course YMMV. On my phone after initial pairing I don't have "Gemini L", just "Gemini R" and "Gemini", and as mentioned I only interface with "Gemini R". From everything I read, the right bud is the "controller" bud, at least when it comes to the chamber.  Meanwhile on my Macbook Pro, I have static "Gemini L" and "Gemini R", and I always connect to "Gemini L". Maybe it's like this on the IPhone? idk. But I always disconnect the Macbook manually before I go back to the phone.

All this might sound like a pain, but really it's not much for me, and I've been enjoying them immensely with no battery drain for at least two weeks. If I just stick to the phone they've been very well behaved, mostly disengaging on the first shut. However I get how most folks would be frustrated and I really wish somebody from Devialet would chime in with a full explanation on what these things are trying to do. I know they like to think they are working "magic", and sound-wise they are, but software-wise full disclosure is much better than magic.

by unpairing the R side, you no longer need to do all this;
The master is the L, the R side should not connect to the phone. Just for updates. It must be deleted
(03-Feb-2021, 10:30)Ounerbouks Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 17:21)cresny Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 09:14)Ounerbouks Wrote: they are not fast, but we know it. devialet does not have a good reputation on the software side but as the product is no longer on sale for an update, I think they are doing everything to do it quickly

thank you for giving this news

By cons for the battery I found a tip.
Delete the right side in your bluetooth settings and the battery will no longer drain

and always store gemini them open

tell me if it works for you

Thanks for the update. I agree that Devialet would not want to delay on this; I just hope that they are making good progress and this is something they can fix. In the meantime I have been able to avoid the batter drain by taking a little extra care when I put them away. Here is what I do when I stop listening on an Android phone (Pixel 2XL):

1. Make sure the music is paused. I have it se to auto-pause so simply removing a bud will pause, but I sometimes just tap pause.
2. put back in case and shut
3. check chamber light and phone drop-down settings to see to see that the Bluetooth is disengaged for about 5 seconds. 
If so, done! If it's not disengaged or if it comes back on (this is where the drain occurs) then:
4. open/shut until BT remains disengaged.

I know this looks like a lot to do, but it's gotten so that I barely notice it. 
On odd occasions it gets mixed up and I manually disconnect the BT. If so, I usually try to reconnect by selecting "Gemini R", not "Gemini". If the "Gemini" gets connected by accident I always disconnect and manually re-connect to "Gemini R". That usually fixes things, but sometimes only the Right bud emits sound. If so, putting the Left back in the chamber fro a moment will restore sound. (when this happens you get a Right-to-Left crossfade effect from right to left which is actually kinda cool -- sounds like mono right morphing into stereo!) 

Of course YMMV. On my phone after initial pairing I don't have "Gemini L", just "Gemini R" and "Gemini", and as mentioned I only interface with "Gemini R". From everything I read, the right bud is the "controller" bud, at least when it comes to the chamber.  Meanwhile on my Macbook Pro, I have static "Gemini L" and "Gemini R", and I always connect to "Gemini L". Maybe it's like this on the IPhone? idk. But I always disconnect the Macbook manually before I go back to the phone.

All this might sound like a pain, but really it's not much for me, and I've been enjoying them immensely with no battery drain for at least two weeks. If I just stick to the phone they've been very well behaved, mostly disengaging on the first shut. However I get how most folks would be frustrated and I really wish somebody from Devialet would chime in with a full explanation on what these things are trying to do. I know they like to think they are working "magic", and sound-wise they are, but software-wise full disclosure is much better than magic.

by unpairing the R side, you no longer need to do all this;
The master is the L, the R side should not connect to the phone. Just for updates. It must be deleted

I deleted the Right and yes, it now seems to shut off cleanly. However, there's no longer an auto-reconnect. I now have to select manually Gemini every time I use them. But on balance, it's better now. Thanks!
for automatic reconnection, it is because in the meantime it goes through the right side.
It's a bug yes but at least they don't empty anymore Smile
this morning the duty was at 0%
still nothing nobody has news?
Any update from Devialet in when they will release the product?
It’s on hold until they fix the firmware
Any update guys in when the earphones will be back on sale?
(15-Feb-2021, 03:09)deuter Wrote: Any update guys in when the earphones will be back on sale?

The best Ive heard is that they are "working on it" with no firm date. Given this is cutting into the reputation of the device I expect they are hard at work. My hope is that they are by now ironing out kinks, because if they still have unsolved issues it suggests there are serious problems. Anyway, just speculation -- I still enjoy mine.
I wouldn’t hold my breath, my hunch not before June and even than it’ll never be stable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be nice if they could give us an ETA, if it’s June Iam buying something else.